Craig Melvin Biography
Craig Melvin (age. 43) is an American broadcast journalist who presently anchors NBC’s Today and Today Third Hour at 9 a.m. ET. The South Carolina native joined NBC in Aug 2008 and formerly worked at WRC as a news anchor.
Craig Melvin Age
He was born on May 20, 1979, in Columbia, South Carolina. Melvin is 43 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 44 come May 20, 2023. He celebrates his birthday on May 20 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Taurus.
Craig Melvin NBC-Today Show
- Craig presently anchors NBC’s weekday newscast between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. He also serves as a co-host for Today Third Hour at 9.00 a.m. with AI Roker and Savannah Guthrie. Melvin joined the NBC broadcast team in August 2008. During his time at NBC, he has reported on the Sandy Hook shootings, the crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214, the shooting of Michael Brown, Charleston church shooting, among other tragic news.
- He is a well-known and prolific journalist due to his experience over the years at NBC News, MSNBC, and WIS. Melvin began his journey to being a notable news anchor in the journalism industry in Columbia, South Carolina. He worked as a broadcast journalist for WIS-TV between 2001 and 2008.
- He has extensively reported and anchored for NBC affiliate WKRC. Melvin was based in Washington, D.C. where he worked as a broadcast journalist at WKRC between 2008 and 2011. Additionally, he reported for MSNBC on the US presidential national conventions in 2012.
- Besides journalism, Melvin is also a decorated author. He has written the books; Pops: Learning to Be a Son and a Father (2021), Pops: My Father, Our Journey, and What I’m Still Learning About Being a Dad Craig Melvin (2021), and The Belle Hotel.
Craig Melvin Parents: Family-Brother
Lawrence Melvin (father) and Betty Melvin (mother) born their son Delano Melvin and nurtured him in South Carolina, USA. Melvin’s family belongs to a mixed/ African-American ethnicity. Details about his parents are currently scarce, however, Craig spent most of his young years in South Carolina alongside his brothers Ryan Melvin and Rev. Lawrence Meadows.
However, Craig lost his older half-brother Lawrence Meadows on December 9, 2020, from colon cancer. Craig pursued a college B.A. degree in government between 1997 and 2001 from Wofford College.
Craig Melvin Wife: Lindsay Czarniak
Craig is presently delighted in his marriage life alongside his sassy wife Lindsay Czarniak. The couple got hitched in Washington D.C. on October 15, 2011, in a romantic Christian wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; Delano, and Sybil. Melvin’s family lives in New Connecticut.
Melvin’s wife Lindsay Czarniak is also a sports broadcast journalist who presently hosts NASCAR on FOX Sports. However, details about Craig’s son and daughter are currently unavailable.
Craig Melvin Children: Daughter
Details about Melvin’s children are not available, however, he welcomed his son to the world in March 2014. His wife announced she was pregnant on June 16, 2016, and gave birth in November 2016. Craig also calls his son with the nickname Del and his daughter as Sibby.
Craig Melvin Salary
Craig receives an average salary of $3 million annually as an NBC broadcast journalist in Connecticut. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He has been on NBC’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains his huge net worth.
Melvin has not revealed his exact salary, nevertheless, being on NBC’s payroll, he receives a good amount that enables him to lead a comfortable life.
Craig Melvin Net Worth
Craig Melvin Net Worth is around a massive $9 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a broadcast journalist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Craig Melvin Height: Voice
Craig measures 5’ 7”/ 1.69 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is black and his eye color is black. However, Melvin has quite a strange voice that has made NBC viewers air their complaints on social media. Some people have claimed he smokes, has cancer, or has a problem with his vocal cords. Nevertheless, as soon as Craig shares information about his health or voice we shall be quick to update you.
People Also Ask
- Where Is Craig Melvin Today? He is an American broadcast journalist who presently anchors NBC’s Today and Today Third Hour at 9 a.m.
- How Much Is Craig Melvin Worth? Melvin’s Net Worth is around a massive $9 Million in 2021.
- Who Is Craig Melvin? He is an American broadcast journalist who presently anchors NBC’s Today and Today Third Hour at 9 a.m. ET.
- Who Is Craig Melvin’s Wife? Melvin’s wife Lindsay Czarniak is also a sports broadcast journalist who presently hosts NASCAR on FOX Sports.
- What Is Craig Melvin Salary? Craig receives an average salary of $3 million annually as an NBC broadcast journalist in Connecticut.