David Kaplan Biography
David Kaplan (age 61) is an American journalist who now co-hosts ESPN’s weekday radio show Kap and Haugh between 7-10 AM/ET and Baseball Night on NBC Sports Chicago. Additionally, Kaplan hosts Comcast SportsNet’s daily sports show Sports Talk Live and extensively covers CSN’s Chicago Cubs baseball games on The Football Aftershow. He has won multiple awards including the coveted Emmy Award 3X. The Chicago native joined the ESPN broadcast team in February 2007 and formerly worked at WGN-TV as a Co-Host of the Kap and Haugh ShowCo.
David Kaplan Age
He was born on 19 November 1960 in Chicago, Illinois. Kaplan is 61 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 62 come 19 November 2022. He celebrates his birthday on 19 November and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Scorpio.
David Kaplan ESPN 1000
- David presently co-hosts ESPN’s weekday radio show Kap and Haugh between 7-10 AM/ET and Baseball Night on NBC Sports Chicago. Additionally, Kaplan hosts Comcast SportsNet’s daily sports show Sports Talk Live and extensively covers CSN’s Chicago Cubs baseball games on The Football Aftershow. He joined the ESPN broadcast team in February 2007. Additionally, during his time at ESPN, he has served as a basketball analyst.
- David started hosting Comcast SportsNet’s daily sports talk show Chicago Tribune Live in 2008. He authored the column Around Town on the Chicago Tribune between 2009 and 2011. Additionally, the Chicago Tribune Live team received an Emmy Award for Best Interview Program in November 2009.
- He is a well-known and adept sports journalist due to the experience he has gained over the years at NBC Sports Chicago, ESPN, Comcast SportsNet, and WGN-TV. Kaplan began his journey to being a notable sports journalist in Chicago. He worked as a radio journalist at WMVP-AM then joined WGN-TV. David co-hosted the weekday radio show Kap and Haugh Show with David Haugh between February 1995 and September 2015. Concurrently, he co-hosted the sports show Sports Central with Tom Waddle.
- Kaplan is a recipient of multiple awards and accolades; WGN Radio Walk of Fame, three Emmy Awards, IBCA Hall of Fame, and Chicago Public League Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame. Besides journalism, Kaplan served as an assistant head coach of Northern Illinois University’s Men’s Basketball Team between 1983 and 1986.
David Kaplan Wife
Kaplan is presently delighted in his marriage life alongside his wife Mindy Kaplan. The couple got hitched in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple share one child together; Brett. Kaplan loves spending time with his son and shares with him on Instagram often. David’s family residence is in Chicago, Illinois.
Kaplan’s wife Mindy Kaplan is a senior executive at the Chicago-styled pizza restaurant Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria. Mindy Kaplan was formerly married to an unknown guy. Furthermore, Mindy has three children from his previous marriage with John Doe; Nicholas, Alexander, and Garret.
David Kaplan Brothers And Sisters
David was born in Chicago, Illinois to American parents. Considering the nature of his journalism profession, Kaplan has decided to keep his personal and early life private. David treasures his parents’ and siblings’ security thus he has decided to hold back information about them. Nonetheless, as soon as information about his family is available we shall update it pronto. Kaplan spent most of his young years in Chicago, Illinois as an only child.
David pursued a college degree in English between 1978 and 1982 at Hamline University. Additionally, he was a member of the fraternity Alpha Tau Omega.
David Kaplan Net Worth
David Kaplan Net Worth is estimated to be between $ 1 Million and $ 5 Million. This is a mere approximation of his lucrative career as a journalist/ TV personality. He has not revealed any information about his assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once he shares his net worth.
David Kaplan Salary
Katie received an average salary of $ 400,000 annually as an ESPN 1000 radio host in Chicago, Illinois. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He has been on ESPN’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains his huge net worth.
Additionally, David receives an average salary of $ 75,042 annually as an NBC sports anchor. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote an NBC News anchor’s annual salary to be around $ 38K – $ 214K. He has been on NBC’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains his huge net worth.
Kaplan has not revealed his exact salary, nevertheless, being on ESPN’s payroll, she received a good amount that enabled her to lead a comfy life.
David Kaplan Height-Tattoos
David has not revealed his actual height, nevertheless, an average American man measures 5’ 9” / 1.75 m in height. Thus, his height is around this figure. Additionally, Kaplan is a lover of ink. He has tattooed the words ‘I live life all-in’ on his left bicep and the Chicago flag with a skyline on his right bicep. Kaplan has three tattoos.
People Also Ask
- Is David Kaplan Married? Kaplan is presently delighted in his marriage life alongside his wife Mindy Kaplan.
- How much does David Kaplan make? Katie received an average salary of $ 400,000 annually as an ESPN 1000 radio host.
- How tall is David Kaplan? An average American man measures 5’ 9” / 1.75 m in height. Thus, Kaplan’s height is around this figure.
- How old is David Kaplan? Kaplan is 61 years of age as of 2021.