David Muir Biography
David Muir (age 48) is an American journalist who presently anchors ABC News 30 minute weeknight newscast ABC World News Tonight with David Muir. Additionally, Muir co-anchors the ABC newsmagazine 20/20 with Amy Robach. He has won a handful of awards including the coveted Edward R. Murrow. The New York native joined the ABC News broadcast team in August 2003 and formerly worked at WCVB as a broadcast journalist.
David Muir Age
He was born on 8 November 1973 in Syracuse, New York. Muir is 48 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 49 come 8 November 2022. He celebrates his birthday on 8 November and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Scorpio.
David Muir ABC News
- David presently anchors ABC News 30 minute weeknight newscast ABC World News Tonight with David Muir. Additionally, Muir co-anchors the ABC newsmagazine 20/20 with Amy Robach. He joined the ABC News broadcast team in August 2003 as a news anchor. Furthermore, he served as a lead correspondent in the 2012 U.S. Presidential election. Muir has helped increase 20/20 and the ABC World News Tonight ratings over time.
- During his time at ABC News, Muir anchored the overnight news broadcast World News Now, World News This Morning, and World News Saturday. Furthermore, he co-anchored the newsmagazine program Primetime. Besides news anchoring, he extensively covered the Israeli war, Hurricane Katrina, the 2007 Peru earthquake, the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear accident, the 2010 Haiti earthquake, and the 2011 Egypt revolution. Muir also received an Edward R. Murrow Award for his reporting on ABC News.
- He is a well-known and adept journalist due to the experience he has gained at ABC News, WTVH, and WCVB TV. Muir began his journey to being a notable journalist in Syracuse, New York. He worked as a broadcast journalist for WTVH between 1994 and 2000. During his time at WTVH, Muir extensively reported on the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Muir joined WCVB in 2000 where he served as news anchor and reporter until his departure in 2003. During his tenure at WCVB, Muir won a regional Edward R. Murrow Award snd The Associated Press recognition for his prolific work.
David Muir Parents-Young Siblings
Ronald Muir (father) and Pat Mills (mother) born their son Muir in Syracuse, New York, and bred him in the same state. Muir’s family belongs to the white ethnicity and Christian religion. Details about his parents are rather scarce, however, David was nurtured in a staunch Roman Catholic family. His parents divorced while he was still young, nevertheless, they co-parented their kids. Additionally, Muir’s parents have been very supportive of his journalism career.
Muir spent most of his young years in Onondaga Hill alongside his elder sister; Rebecca Muir. His sister Rebecca is a farmer cum entrepreneur. Additionally, David has two younger siblings from his father’s second marriage. David is also an uncle to three boys and six girls.
David Muir Education
Muir pursued a college degree in Journalism between 1991 and 1995 from Ithaca College. Furthermore, David spent a semester of his college education at Georgetown University and the University of Salamanca. Additionally, he is an alumnus of Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School, where he interned at WTVH-TV.
David Muir Wife-Partner
Muir is quite a private celebrity considering he has managed to keep information about his relationship/ personal life confined. We are not certain if he has a girlfriend, regardless, we can only presume that he is currently single. David was rumored to be dating Gio Benitez in 2015, however, the duo never confirmed their relationship. Nevertheless, as soon as David shares information about his partner or personal life, we shall bring you to speed.
David Muir Net Worth
David Muir Net Worth is around a massive $ 20 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a journalist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He prefers to spend his fortune on exotic private trips with family and real estate which has proved to multiply his net worth over the years. Furthermore, Celebrity Net Worth estimates his annual salary at $5 Million.
David Muir Salary
Muir receives an average salary of $ 115K annually as an ABC News anchor in New York City. This is per our reliable sources at Glassdoor that quotes an ABC News anchor’s annual salary to be around $ 110K – $ 120K. David has been on ABC’s payroll for almost two decades which also explains his huge net worth.
Muir has not revealed his exact salary, nevertheless, being on ABC’s payroll, he definitely receives a good amount that enables him to lead a comfy life.
David Muir Height
Muir measures 5’ 11”/ 1.8 m in height. David’s hair color is brown and his eye color is brown. Moreover, David maintains a healthy diet and exercises often which helps him maintain a physically fit body. When not on-air, Muir flexes his muscles on Instagram. Muir appears to be in perfect health and has not been involved in any accidents of late.
People Also Ask
- Is David Muir Married? We are not certain if Muir has a girlfriend, regardless, we can only presume that he is currently single.