Don Lemon Biography
Don Lemon (age 56) is an American journalist/ author who presently anchors CNN‘s weekday evening news/ contemporary program Don Lemon Tonight between 10 PM-12 AM/ET. Additionally, he serves as a general news correspondent and co-hosts the podcast The Handoff with Chris Cuomo. He has won multiple awards including the coveted regional Emmy award 3X. The Louisiana native joined CNN broadcast team in 2006 and formerly worked at WMAQ as a broadcast journalist.
Don Lemon Age
He was born on 1 March 1966 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Lemon is 56 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 57 come 1 March 2023. He celebrates his birthday on 1 March and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Pisces.
Don Lemon CNN
- Don presently anchors CNN’s weekday evening news/ contemporary program Don Lemon Tonight between 10 PM-12 AM/ET. Additionally, he serves as a general news correspondent and co-hosts the podcast The Handoff with Chris Cuomo. He joined the CNN broadcast team in 2006. During his time at CNN, he has served as a political moderator during the 2020 Democratic Presidential Debate.
- He extensively covered the Orlando shooting in 2016, the death of Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston in 2009, the Colorado Theater Shooting in 2012, the Boston marathon bombing in 2013, the Charleston church shooting in 2015 among other breaking news. He also served as the voice of CNN during George Floyd’s murder riots and interviewed Rahm Emanuel, US voter Anne Cooper among others. Lemon also kissed his fiance on-air on 1 January 2018.
- He is a well-known and adept journalist due to the experience he has gained over the years at CNN, NBC, and WMAQ. Lemon began his journey to being a notable journalist in New York. He served as an intern for WNYW and a general news correspondent for NBC stations in Philadelphia/ Chicago. Immediately after graduation, Don briefly worked as a weekend news anchor at WBRC and WCAU.
- Additionally, he worked as an investigative reporter for KTVI while stationed in St. Louis, Missouri. Lemon also served as a news correspondent for NBC’s Today, NBC Nightly News, and a news anchor for Weekend Today. Don served as a broadcast journalist for WMAQ between 2003 and 2006.
- The prolific gay journalist has won numerous awards including an Edward R. Murrow Award and the Chicago / Midwest Emmy Awards 3X. Besides journalism, Lemon has authored the books Transparent in 2011 and This Is the Fire: What I Say to My Friends About Racism in 2021.
Don Lemon Husband-Fiance-Married
Don is openly gay since he came out of the closet in 2011. Since coming out as gay, Lemon has received multiple slurs and death threats from homophobic persons. Lemon is now enjoying a love affair since he started dating Tim Malone in 2016. Tim Malone and Don met at a Hamptons hot spot in 2015. Subsequently, the two lovers got engaged in 2019 and are yet to exchange their vows.
Lemon’s future husband Tim Malone is a real estate agent born in 1984. Additional details about Tim are not available, nevertheless, the two lovers often share pictures together on Instagram. Lemon and his Fiance Tim enjoy cooking, watching football, and ice skating. Don and actress Stephanie Ortiz were rumored to have gotten married in a private wedding, however, they never confirmed these claims.
Don Lemon Parents-Sister-Mother-Family
Wilmon Lee Richardson (father) and Katherine Marie (mother) born their son Don in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Lemon’s family belongs to mixed/ African-American ethnicity. Lemon’s parents divorced while he was young. His father worked as an attorney whereas details about his mother are pretty scarce. Nevertheless, Lemon’s mom belongs to a mixed/ African-French-Scottish ethnicity. Lemon’s mom was very supportive of her son being gay.
Don spent most of his young years in Louisiana alongside his two siblings; Leisa and Yma. Leisa passed on on 31 January 2018 through drowning. Lemon pursued a college degree in Broadcast Journalism between 1993 and 1996 from Brooklyn College. Additionally, he is an alumnus of Louisiana State University (1984-1989). He also went to Baker High School.
Don Lemon Net Worth
Don Lemon Net Worth is around a massive $ 12 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a journalist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He prefers to spend his fortune on exotic private trips with his husband, and real estate which has proved to multiply his net worth over the years.
Don Lemon Salary
Lemon receives an average salary of $ 81,125 annually as a CNN News anchor in New York City. This is per our reliable sources at Glassdoor.com that quote a CNN anchor’s annual salary to be around $ 56,092 – $ 123,185. Don receives an additional salary as CNN’s news correspondent. As per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth, Lemon receives an average salary of $ 4 million/ yr. He has been on CNN’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains his huge net worth.
Don Lemon Height
Lemon measures 6’ 0”/ 1.83 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. Furthermore, Don revealed he has known he was gay since he was 5 years of age.
People Also Ask
- Is Don Lemon Married? No, however, Lemon is now enjoying a love affair since he started dating Tim Malone in 2016.
- How much is Don Lemon salary? Lemon receives an average salary of $ 81,125 annually as a CNN News anchor in New York City.
- What is Don Lemon’s net worth? Lemon’s Net Worth is around a massive $ 12 Million in 2021.