Jacqui Jeras Wikipedia-Biography
Jacqui Jeras (age About 52 years) is an American journalist who presently anchors the Weather Channel’s weather news. The Michigan native joined the Weather Channel’s broadcast team in 2016 and formerly worked at CNN as a weather anchor.
Jacqui Jeras Age
Jacqui was born in Plymouth, Michigan in 1970, and is of American nationality. However, she has not shared her exact date of birth thus it’s nearly impossible to know Jeras’s age. Regardless, we shall update when Jacqui reveals information about her early life and background.
Jacqui Jeras The Weather Channel-Meteorologist
- She is an award-winning, veteran on-camera who joined The Weather Channel in 2016 as a freelancer. Jacqui joined the network as a full-time worker in April of 2019. She has experience in working at the national as well as the local level.
- At the channel, Jacqui prepares and also forecasts weekday afternoons Live and reports from the field as well. Jacqui worked in Washington, D.C. before joining The Weather Channel. There, she served as the morning meteorologist at the ABC affiliate.
- Before joining the ABC affiliate, Jacqui worked at CNN for a period of more than ten years. While there, she covered every weather extreme such as hurricanes and tornado outbreaks. Also, Jacqui spent a week in Joplin, Missouri while following the EF5 tornado in 2011.
- After that, she and her team earned a Peabody award for covering Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill. Additionary, Jacqui won the Mark Trail award for the promotion and safety of NOAA Weather Radio.
- Before she joined CNN, Jacqui worked at WHO-TV based in Des Moines, she also worked at WEHT-TV based in Evansville, IN, and KCAU-TV based in Sioux City, IA. During her free time, Jacqui spends most of her time running, biking, and hiking. She also spends part of her leisure with her family.
Jacqui Jeras Husband
She married her college sweetheart and now her husband named Mike. He currently works as a pilot. Mike is an Aerospace Engineer who graduated from Iowa State University. He is also an Outstanding Young Alumnus Award Winner. The couple shares two kids together named Aurora and Ashton. Mike shares Jacqui’s passion for weather.
Jacqui Jeras Minnesota-Family
She was born to her parents in 1970 in Plymouth, Michigan, United States of America. Jacqui has her roots in Wisconsin and Minnesota but grew up in the Midwest. While growing up, Jacqui became fascinated with all types of weather.
She loves a good snowstorm the most and the Tropics are a close second. However, Jacqui has not shared details concerning her parents and siblings.
Jacqui Jeras Iowa College
She graduated from Iowa State University with a degree in Meteorology. In 2006, Jacqui won “Outstanding Young Alumnus” from her Alma Mater. She also holds a Mississippi State University Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology.
Jacqui earned a distinction through the American Meteorological Society and became a Certified Broadcast Meteorologist. Additionally, Jacqui holds a Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association.
Jacqui Jeras Breast Cancer
Jacqui’s family has a history of Breast cancer. Her sister, mother, and aunt have battled breast cancer, and both her mother and aunt managed to win the fight. Also, her grandmother lost her life to breast cancer. Jacqui underwent a double mastectomy in 2013 because she wanted to prevent getting the disease.
After doctors had removed all breast tissue from her both breasts, Jacque went back to her surgeon Dr. Constanza Cocilovo one week later and they found a tumor in the tissue which they had removed during the surgery.
Although the tumor itself was not cancerous, it had a 15 percent chance of becoming cancerous if it was not removed. The finding of the tumor made her feel better as it justified what Jacqui did, and meant that the danger was really there.
Five days after visiting Dr. Constanza for the second time, Jacqui went to a plastic surgeon to reconstruct her breasts. The surgeon kept on injecting saline under her skin every week.
After the breasts were ready for the surgery, The surgeon, Dr. Nahabedian replaced the temporary expander under Jackie’s skin with silicone implants, and her life went back to normal without the worry about the disease.
Jacqui Jeras Salary
Jeras receives an average salary of $49,082 annually as a Weather Channel meteorologist. This is per our reliable sources at Glassdoor that quotes Weather Channel’s meteorologist’s annual salary to be around US$47,383 – US$57,637. She has been on The Weather Channel’s payroll for a while which also explains her huge net worth.
Jacqui has not revealed her exact salary. Nevertheless, being on The Weather Channel’s payroll, she receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfy life.
Jacqui Jeras Net Worth
Jacqui Jeras’s Net Worth is estimated to be between US$1 Million and US$5 Million. This is a mere approximation of her lucrative career as a weather anchor. She has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth.
Jacqui Jeras Height
Jacqui has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus, her height is around this figure.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Jacqui Jeras? However, she has not shared her exact date of birth thus it’s nearly impossible to know Jeras’s age.
- How Tall Is Jacqui Jeras? An average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus, her height is around this figure.
- Who Is Jacqui Jeras? She is an American journalist who presently anchors the Weather Channel’s weather news.