James Read (Actor) Biography
James Read (age 68) is an American actor who is famous for his roles in North and South, Charmed, American Dreams, Days of Our Lives, and Wildfire. The North and South star developed an interest in acting while in college and landed his first film role at the age of 30.
James Read Age
He was born on 31 July 1953 in Buffalo, New York. Actor REad is 68 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 69 come 31 July 2022. He celebrates his birthday on 31 July and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Leo.
James Read Movies And Tv Shows
- James is renowned for his roles in North and South, Charmed, American Dreams, Days of Our Lives, and Wildfire. Read played George Hazzard in North and South sequels, Victor Bennett in the drama series Charmed, George Mason in American Dreams, Clyde Weston in Days of Our Lives, and Ken Davis in Wildfire.
- Read developed an interest in acting while in college and landed his first film role at the age of 30. He played the minor role of a policeman in the action film Blue Thunder before he appeared as Peter in his debut film The Initiation. Actor Read appeared in Eight Men Out, Beaches (1988), Love Crimes (’92), Walking Thunder (’97), Legally Blonde, and Not Another Teen Movie (’01) in his early film career.
- Concurrently, he starred in the TV show Remington Steele (1982-1983), Robert Kennedy and His Times (’85), Shell Game (’87), and Star Trek: Voyager (’01). He has also played minor roles in Trapper John, M.D., Fantasy Island, Matt Houston, Lace II, Celebration Family, Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story, Columbo, Midnight Caller, Princesses, and Murder, She Wrote.
- During the 21st century, James played Jaffen in Star Trek: Voyager, Franklin Fairchild in Persons Unknown, Robert Monroe in CSI: NY, Alan Newhall in NCIS, and Gregory Chase in General Hospital. James recently appeared alongside Sterling K Brown in This Is Us’s episode Number One.
James Read Wife
James is presently enjoying his marriage life alongside his wife Wendy Kilbourne. Wendy Kilbourne and actor Read met on the set of North and South, subsequently, the duo got acquainted. The couple got hitched in 1988 in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of three children; Jackson, Willa, and Sydney. James’s family residence is in Santa Barbara, California.
James’s wife Wendy Kilbourne is also an actress renowned for her role as Constance Hazard in the sequel North and South. She was born on 29 June 1964 in Los Angeles, California.
James was married to Lora Lee between 1978 and 1983. Details about Read’s ex-wife or failed marriage are rather scarce presently.
James Read Family
William Wallace Read (father) and Iris Ann Hassler (mother) born their son Read in Brooklyn and nurtured him in Schenectady. James’s family belongs to the white ethnicity. Considering the nature of his acting profession, Read has decided to keep his personal and early life private. Additionally, information about his siblings is not available which makes us believe he was raised as an only child.
Nonetheless, as soon as information about his family is available we shall update it pronto. Read pursued a law degree at the University of Oregon. Furthermore, he holds a Master’s degree in psychology from Pepperdine University.
James Read Net Worth
James Read’s Net Worth is around an impressive US$1 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as an actor. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He prefers to spend his fortune on exotic private trips with his family, and real estate, which has proved to multiply his net worth over the years.
James Read Height
Read the actor measures 6’ 2”/ 1.88 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is blonde but prefers to dye it in different colors.
People Also Ask
- Who is James Read? He is an American actor who is famous for his roles in North and South, Charmed, American Dreams, Days of Our Lives, and Wildfire.
- What is James Read’s net worth? Read’s Net Worth is around an impressive US$1 Million in 2021.