Jamie Gangel Biography
Jamie Gangel (age 65) is an American journalist who presently serves as CNN’s special news correspondent based in Boca Raton, Florida. The New York native joined the CNN broadcast team in August 2015 and formerly worked at NBC News as a broadcast journalist.
Jamie Gangel Age
She was born on 2 November 1955 in New York City, New York. Gangel is 66 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 67 come 2 November 2022. She celebrates her birthday on 2 November and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Scorpio.
Jamie Gangel CNN
- Jamie now serves as CNN’s special news correspondent based in Boca Raton, Florida. She joined the CNN broadcast team in August 2015.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at CNN, NBC News, and NBC Universal Media. Gangel began her journey to being a notable journalist in Washington, D.C. She worked as an assignment editor for WJLA-TV and WTOP-AM simultaneously.
- Gangel joined ABC affiliate WPLG-TV in 1982 as a multimedia journalist. She served as a national correspondent for NBC Universal Media between Feb 1983 and Jan 2014. She also served as a national correspondent for NBC News’Today Show between Feb 1983 and Aug 2015.
- During her stint at NBC News, Jamie reported on the 9/ 11 attacks and interviewed George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton, and George H.W. Bush.
Jamie Gangel Family-Parents
Richard I. Gangel (father) and Phyllis Gangel-Jacob (mother) born their daughter Gangel in New York City. However, Jamie’s parents divorced shortly after the former’s birth. Jamie’s mom remarried Bernard E Jacob.
Gangel’s family belongs to the white ethnicity. Her step-father worked as a professor at Hostafa University whereas her mother worked as a judge at the New York Supreme Court. Gangel spent most of her young years in New York in a Jewish family. However, details about her siblings are not available making us believe she was raised as an only child.
Jamie Gangel Education
Jamie pursued a college degree in Science between 1973 and 1976 from Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. Additionally, she is an alumnus of Harvard University where she graduated in international economics. She also went to The Dalton School.
Jamie Gangel Husband
Jamie is now delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Daniel Silva. Daniel Silva and Gangel met in the Middle East in the late ’80s. The duo immediately got acquainted and started dating shortly after.
The couple got hitched in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony attended by close friends and family members. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; twins Lily and Nicholas. Gangel’s family residence is in Boca Raton, Florida.
Jamie Gangel Daniel Silva
Jamie’s husband Daniel Silva is a former CNN producer and New York Times, bestselling author. Daniel Silva was born in the year of 1960 in Detroit, Michigan, and holds American nationality. Silva released his book The Unlikely Spy in 1996. He quit his journalism career to venture into writing full-time.
However, non of his subsequent books have been as successful as The Unlikely Spy.
Jamie Gangel Salary
Gangel receives an average salary of US$46,114 annually as a CNN News correspondent in Boca Raton, Florida. This is per our reliable sources at Glassdoor.com that quote a CNN reporter’s annual salary to be around US$36,994 – US$60,825. She has been on CNN’s payroll since 2015 which also explains her huge net worth.
Jamie has not revealed her exact salary. Nevertheless, being on CNN’s payroll, she receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfy life.
Jamie Gangel Net Worth
Jamie Gangel’s Net Worth is estimated to be between US$1 Million and US$5 Million. This is a mere approximation of her lucrative career as a journalist. She has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth.
Jamie Gangel Height
Jamie has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus, Gangel’s height is around this figure.
People Also Ask
- How old is CNN’s Jamie Gangel? Gangel is 66 years of age as of 2021.
- Who is Jamie Gangel Married to? Jamie is now delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Daniel Silva.
- Where does Jamie Gangel live? Gangel’s family residence is in Boca Raton, Florida.