Joe Scarborough Biography
Joe Scarborough (age 59) is an American journalist/ lawyer/ retired politician who presently co-hosts MSNBC’s weekday talk show Morning Joe between 6-7 AM/ET. He has won multiple coveted awards while in congress. The Atlanta native joined MSNBC in 2003 and formerly served as a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida’s 1st district between January 3, 1995 and September 5, 2001.
Joe Scarborough Age
He was born on April 9, 1963, in Atlanta, Georgia. Joe is 59 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 60 come April 9, 2023. He celebrates his birthday on April 9 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Aries.
Joe Scarborough Law – Congress
- Immediately after graduation, the Florida Bar admitted Joe to their program where he practiced law in Pensacola. Joe served as a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida’s 1st district between January 3, 1995 and September 5, 2001, under the democratic party. The American Conservative Union rated Scarborough 95% throughout his period in the House of Representatives. Additionally, he has served as a chairman of the Civil Service Committee.
- Furthermore, during his tenure, Joe supported several anti-abortion bills. He also received a handful of awards during his time in congress including the “Spirit of Enterprise Award”.
Joe Scarborough MSNBC – NBC – Book
- Joe presently co-hosts MSNBC’s weekday talk show Morning Joe between 6-7 AM/ET. He joined the MSNBC broadcast team in 2003 as host of Scarborough Country. Four years later, Joe launched the talk show Morning Joe in May. Joe co-hosts Morning Joe with his spouse Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist.
- He is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience he has gained over the years at MSNBC and NBC News. Scarborough began his journey to being a notable broadcast journalist in Florida when he started the newspaper The Florida Sun. Besides TV, Joe and Mika Brzezinski also cohosted WABC’s radio show.
- Joe has also authored the books Rome Wasn’t Burnt in a Day (2001), The Last Best Hope Joe Scarborough (2009), The Last Best Hope (2009), Mika and Joe (2013), The Right Path (2013), This Ends Badly (2020), Saving Freedom (2020), and Saving the Union (2021). He has also ventured into music and released the EP Mystified, on June 23, 2017. His band Dixon Mills released the album Calling on Robert E. Lee while at the University of Florida College of Law.
Joe Scarborough Spouse Mika Brzezinski
Joe is presently enjoying his marriage life alongside his wife Mika Brzezinski. The couple got hitched in Washington, D.C. on November 24, 2018, in a glamorous invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple does not share any children together. Brzezinski’s family lives in New York City, New York.
Scarborough’s spouse Mika Brzezinski is also a broadcast journalist who presently co-hosts MSNBC’s Morning Joe weekday’s show. Additionally, prior to Mika’s marriage to Joe, she was married to James Patrick Hoffer. James Patrick Hoffer and Brzezinski exchanged vows on October 23, 1993, in a private wedding ceremony. Additionally, Mika and James share two daughters from 19 years of marriage. Details about her children Emilie and Carlie Hoffer are pretty scarce.
Joe Scarborough Ex-Wife
Joe and Melanie Hinton got hitched in 1986 in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The former couple is proud parents of two children; Joey and Andrew. However, the couple had a divorce in 1999 due to unreconcilable differences. Details about Joe’s first wife are not available.
Despite the divorce, Scarborough did not give up on his quest to find love. Joe and Susan Waren got married in October 2001 in a private wedding ceremony. Additionally, the former couple shares a daughter called Katherine Clark from their 12 years of marriage. Joe and Susan finalized their divorce in 2013. Scarborough’s second wife worked as an aide to governor Jeb Bush.
Joe Scarborough Children – Sons – Daughter
Joe is the proud father to five children; two stepchildren. He has three kids from his previous two marriages and two in his present marriage. Scarborough’s eldest son Joey is currently married to Catherine Byrnes Grenfell. His son Andrew Scarborough was born in 1991 with autism called Asperger’s. Scarborough and Susan Waren welcomed to the world their only child Katherine Clark on August 3, 2003.
Additionally, Scarborough is the stepfather to Mika’s children Emilie and Carlie Hoffer. However, details about Joe’s children are pretty scarce.
Joe Scarborough Family
George Francis (father) and Mary Joanna (mother) born Charles Joseph in Atlanta and bred him in Mississippi, USA. Scarborough’s family belongs to the white ethnicity. His father was a businessman whereas details about his mother are not available. Scarborough’s parents divorced later on which prompted his mother to remarry another man by the name of Clark.
Scarborough spent most of his young years in Meridian, Mississippi alongside his two siblings; George and Carol.
Joe Scarborough Net Worth
Joe Scarborough Net Worth is around an immense $25 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a journalist and attorney. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Joe Scarborough Salary
Joe receives an average salary of $8 million annually as an MSNBC broadcast journalist in Connecticut. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He has been on MSNBC’s payroll for more than a decade which explains his huge net worth.
Scarborough has not revealed his exact salary, nevertheless, being on MSNBC’s payroll, he receives a good amount that enables him to lead a comfy life.
Joe Scarborough Height
Joe measures 6’ 4”/ 1.93 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is blond and his eye color is Dark Brown.
People Also Ask
- Where Is Joe Scarborough? He is an American journalist/ lawyer/ retired politician who presently co-hosts MSNBC’s weekday talk show Morning Joe between 6-7 AM/ET.
- Where Does Joe Scarborough Live? Brzezinski’s family lives in New York City, New York.
- Who Is Joe Scarborough Married To? Joe is presently enjoying his marriage life alongside his wife Mika Brzezinski.