Joy Behar Biography
Joy Behar (age 79) is an American comedian/ actress/ author/ TV host/ entrepreneur who presently co-hosts ABC News The View. She has won a Daytime Emmy award for her work on The View. The New York native joined ABC News in the early 1980s and formerly worked at WABC radio talk show as a host.
Joy Behar Age
She was born on October 7, 1942, in New York City, New York. Joy is 79 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 80 come October 7, 2022. Behar celebrates her birthday on October 7 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Virgo.
Joy Behar Career
- Before venturing into journalism, Joy taught English at Lindenhurst Senior High School in Lindenhurst, New York. She worked as a receptionist and producer on ABC’s program Good Morning America in the 1980s. Additionally, she performed stand-up comedy on Good Morning America and New Show. Subsequently, Behar hosted Way Off-Broadway and Live from Queens in 1987. She also performed comedy on NBC’s sitcom Baby Boom. Joy also served as WABC radio talk-show host during her early journalism career.
- Behar served as a regular guest host on Larry King Live in 2007. She also hosted the talk show Joy Behar: Say Anything! on Current TV between September 2012 and August 2013. She has also featured in The Vagina Monologues, Love, Loss and What I Wore, Me, My Mouth and I, Celebrity Poker Showdown, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Hall Pass.
Joy Behar The View
- Barbara Walters co-created The View in 1997 and called up Meredith Vieira as moderator, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, Barbara Walters, and Joy as cohost. Behar initially served as a fill-in host for Barbara Walters but was ultimately promoted to official co-host of the talk show. Concurrently, she hosted the comic show Joy’s Comedy Corner.
- She received her first award in August 2009. The Daytime Entertainment group awarded Joy and The View’s cohost a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host. Concurrently, she hosted The Joy Behar Show on HLN between 2009 and 2011.
- Behar hosted her last episode of The View-“This Is Your Life on August 9, 2013, to work on other projects. Nevertheless, Joy still served as a regular guest co-host for The View between 2014 and 2015. Behar rejoined The View as a permanent cohost in the 19th season in September 2015.
- Behar has released quite some reckless remarks while on-air hosting The View. She once caused The View sponsorship deals after she questioned Kelley Johnson’s doctor stethoscope attire at the 89th Miss America pageant in 2015. Additionally, she offered a personal apology to Vice President Mike Pence in 2018 after insinuating that the former was mentally ill.
Joy Behar Books
Besides acting and journalism, Joy has authored a handful of books including;
- The Great Gasbag: An A-to-Z Study Guide to Surviving Trump World
- Sheetzucacapoopoo: Max Goes to the Dogs Joy Behar
- When You Need a Lift: But Don’t Want to Eat Chocolate, Pay a Shrink, Or Drink a Bottle of Gin Joy Behar
- Sheetzucacapoopoo: My Kind of Dog Joy Behar
- Joy Shtick Or What is the Existential Vacuum and Does it Come with Attachments
Joy Behar Husband
Behar is presently enjoying her marriage life alongside her husband and longtime partner Steve Janowitz. The couple got hitched on August 11, 2011, in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple does not share any children. Behar’s family lives in the Upper Westside of Manhattan and The Hamptons.
The couple met at a semi-nudist colony in 1982 when Steve was naked. Behar’s husband has maintained a low profile and very little is known about him.
Joy Behar First Husband-Daughter
Before her marriage to Steve Janowitz, she had been married to Joe Behar for 16 years. Joe tied the knot to Joy in 1965 in a private intimate wedding ceremony. The former couple share one child and a grandson from their marriage. Details about her daughter Eve Behar Scotti and grandson Luca are rather scarce presently. However, the former couple finalized their divorce in 1981 due to unreconcilable differences. Despite Joy divorcing her husband, she has chosen to retain his surname.
Joy’s first husband was a film director popular for his work in Let’s Make a Deal, The Greatest Gift, Days of our Lives, General Hospital, and First Love. Joe Behar passed on on 26 June 2021.
Joy Behar Family
Gino Occhiuto (father) and Rose Occhiuto (mother) born their daughter Josephine Victoria Occhiuto in New York and bred her in the same state. Behar’s family belongs to mixed/ Russian-American ethnicity and Italian descent. Her father worked as a truck driver for Coca-Cola whereas her mother worked as a seamstress. Joy’s parents divorced later on which prompted her mom to remarry to a man named Carbone.
Information about her siblings is not available which makes us believe she was raised as an only child. She was raised in a staunch Christian family and is a believer of the Roman Catholic.
Joy Behar Net Worth
Joy Behar Net Worth is around a massive $30 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of his/ her wealth and riches from her career as a comedian/ actress/ author/ TV host/ entrepreneur. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She prefers to spend her fortune on exotic trips, real estate, or investments that have proved to multiply her net worth over the years. Additionally, with the sale of her books, Behar has progressively increased her general net worth.
Joy Behar Salary
Joy receives an average salary of $ 7 million annually as ABC’s The View cohost in New York. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She has been on ABC’s payroll for more than four decades which also explains her huge net worth. Behar has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being on The View’s payroll as an original panelist, she receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfortable life.
Joy Behar Height
Joy measures 5’ 6”/ 1.68 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is dark brown but has appeared on The View with dyed red hair. Behar’s eye color is black and formerly had cataract surgery in her left eye which prompted her to wear sunglasses while hosting The View.
People Also Ask
- Who Is Joy Behar? She is an American comedian/ actress/ author/ TV host/ entrepreneur who presently co-hosts ABC News The View.
- How Much Is Joy Behar Worth? Behar’s Net Worth is around a massive $30 Million in 2021.
- Is Joy Behar Married? Joy is presently enjoying her marriage life alongside her husband and longtime partner Steve Janowitz.