Kali Uchis Biography
Kali Uchis, real name Karly-Marina Loaiza (age. 27) is an American Grammy Award-winning singer/ songwriter who is famous and critically acclaimed for her 2012 mixtape Drunken Babble. The bilingual singer has worked with the likes of Mac Miller, Snoop Dogg, Tyler the Creator, Kaytranada among others.
Kali Uchis Age-Birthday
She was born on July 17, 1994, in Alexandria, Virginia, USA. Uchis is 27 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 28 come July 17, 2022. She celebrates her birthday on July 17 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Cancer.
Kali Uchis Songs
- Kali developed an interest in music at a young age but learned to play the piano and saxophone while in high school. The Grammy Award-winning artist has cited a mix of early soul, R&B, 1960s music, and doo-wop as her main inspiration for music. She also adores fellow Grammy Award winner Mariah Carey.
- She was fascinated by art and managed to make mix-tape cover art. Uchis started making music and writing poems in her car. She released her debut mixtape titled Drunken Babble, on August 1, 2012.
- Uchis was also strategic when releasing her debut EP Por Vida. She released the EP for free download on her website in February 2015. She featured Tyler the Creator and Diplo on Telepatia X On My Mind in the EP. These were among the songs that proved to be a success from the EP.
- Kali followed up with a US and Canada tour in October of the same year. Kali featured in Gorillaz’s album Humanz in the songs She’s My Collar and Ticker Tape. Additionally, she worked with Jorja Smith in the single Tyrant which was released in May 2017. Uchis also released the single Nuestro Planeta in August 2017 and After the Storm in preparation for the release of his debut studio album Isolation.
- Kali was nominated for the Latin Grammy Award in the category Record of the Year for the song El Ratico in October 2017. She was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance but lost both. Nevertheless, she was featured in the Grammy Award-winning single 10% by Kaytranada. Uchis also appeared in Lana Del Rey’s LA to the Moon Tour.
- Kali released her debut studio album titled Isolation on April 6, 2018. She also featured Steve Lacy in the single Just a Stranger which was also in Isolation. Moreover, Steve worked with the late American rapper Mac Miller on the rapper’s single Time. She released the song Solita in December 2019 which was later added as a bonus track on the vinyl release of the album. She dropped her second EP To Feel Alive on April 24, 2020.
- Kali released her second album which was recorded purely in Spanish titled Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) on November 18, 2020. Sin Miedo peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Latin Albums Chart and #55 on the Billboard 200 chart. Sin Miedo is Kali’s most successful album currently.
Kali Uchis Family
Kali was born to an American mother and Columbian father as the only child, however, she has half-siblings from her mother’s previous marriage. She has not revealed her parents’ names, nevertheless, she revealed that her father moved to Virginia from Colombia where he met her mom. However, Kali’s father had to move back to Colombia to take care of his ailing mother. Her father gave her the nickname Kali Uchi. Uchis’s family belongs to the Colombian-American with a complex Latin ethnic background.
Additionally, Kali’s parents kicked her out of the house in her adolescence because of skipping class and failing to observe the curfew set. She is an alumnus of T. C. Williams High School.
Kali Uchis Dating: Boyfriend
Kali is openly bisexual, however, she is currently enjoying a love affair since she started dating Don Toliver. Her boyfriend Don Toliver is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. Her apparent boyfriend shared a picture of the duo on his Instagram while getting cozy during his birthday. However, the two love birds have not confirmed their romantic relationship in public.
Additionally, Kali was rumored to be dating Omar Apollo back in May, however, none of the parties ever confirmed the existence of that relationship. Moreover, Kali dated rapper Yung Gleesh back in 2018. While the couple was dating, Gleesh was accused of forcing himself on an unconscious girl, however, he was acquitted of the charges.
Kali Uchis Net Worth: Merch
Grammy Award winner Kali Uchis Net Worth is around a whopping $4 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a singer and songwriter. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Additionally, with the sale of her branded clothing merch, Uchis has managed to progressively increase her general net worth. Besides commanding a handsome net worth, Kali has not shied off from philanthropy work, she donated all the revenue incurred from selling clothing merch on Depop in 2018.
Kali Uchis Height – Make-Up
Kali measures 5’ 6”/ 1.67 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is blonde and her eye color is black. Additionally, Kali often looks like a glowing goddess because of the makeup she applies. Uchis shared a 38-step guide to glowing on vogue. However, she is rarely seen without makeup.
People Also Ask
- Are kali Uchis and Don Toliver dating? Kali is openly bisexual, however, she is currently enjoying a love affair since she started dating Don Toliver.
- Does Kali Uchis speak Spanish? Uchis’s family belongs to the Colombian-American with a complex Latin ethnic background. Additionally, she can speak Spanish fluently.
- Is kali Uchis Spanish/ Mexican? Uchis’s family belongs to the Colombian-American with a complex Latin ethnic background. Additionally, she can speak Spanish fluently.
- How old is Kali Uchis? Uchis is 27 years of age as of 2021.
- How tall is Kali Uchis? Kali measures 5’ 6”/ 1.67 m in height.