Katy Tur Wikipedia
Katy Tur (age 38) is an American multimedia journalist who presently reports for MSNBC’s evening news bulletin at 2 PM/ET. The Los Angeles native joined the NBC broadcast team in August 2009 and formerly worked at The Weather Channel as a digital journalist.
Katy Tur Age
She was born on October 26, 1983, in Los Angeles, California. Katy is 38 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 39 come October 26, 2022. She celebrates her birthday on October 26 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Scorpio.
Katy Tur MSNBC
- Katy presently reports for MSNBC’s evening news bulletin at 2 PM/ET. She is due to finish her maternity leave on November 15, 2021. Additionally, Tur serves as a news correspondent for NBC Nightly News and The Today Show. She joined the NBC broadcast team in August 2009 as a reporter based in New York.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at MSNBC, NBC News, The Weather Channel, News 12, and KTLA. Tur began her journey to being a notable journalist in Los Angeles. She worked as a general assignment reporter for KTLA-TV between 2005 and 2006. She also worked as a producer for one year at HD News before moving to News12. Tur worked as a general news reporter and news editor for News 12 between 2007 and 2008.
- Katy has extensively reported for WPIX between March 2008 and May 2009. She worked as a digital journalist for the Weather Channel based in New York between March 2009 and May 2010.
Katy Tur Husband: Married-Keith Olbermann
Katy is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Tony Dokoupil. The couple got hitched in Utah in October 2017 in a minimalist invite-only wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; a son and a daughter. Tur and Tony welcomed their baby girl Eloise Judy to the world on May 13, 2021. Tur’s family lives in New York City, New York.
Katy’s husband Tony is also a broadcast journalist popular for co-anchoring CBS This Morning. However, Dokoupil was previously married to an anonymous woman whom he shares with two children. Furthermore, Katy was previously romantically linked to sportscaster Keith Olbermann. The two lovers dated between 2006 and 2009.
Katy Tur Children-Pregnancy
The birth of Katy’s children was highly anticipated as she had shared the news when she was pregnant. Tur announced she was expecting her first baby with her husband Tony on December 13, 2018. The lovely couple welcomed their bundle of joy on April 13, 2019. She welcomed her second child on May 13, 2021. Tur is also a step-mom to Tony’s kids from his first marriage. Tur is set to return to NBC from her maternity leave on November 15, 2021.
However, details about Katy’s son and daughter are currently not available.
Katy Tur Family: Father-Parents
Zoey Tur (father) and Marika Gerrard (mother) born their daughter Tur and nurtured her in California, USA. Katy’s family belongs to the Jewish ethnicity. Her father works as a broadcast journalist who is also transgender whereas details about her mother are currently scarce. Her parents divorced in 2003. Tur spent most of her young years in California alongside her sibling brother James. Her brother is a professional physician.
Katy Tur Education
Katy pursued a college B. A degree in Philosophy between 2001 and 2005 from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Additionally, she is an alumnus of Brentwood School.
Katy Tur Salary
Katy receives an average salary of $56,778 annually as an NBC reporter in New York City. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote an NBC reporter’s annual salary to be around $37K – $98K per yr. Additionally, Tur receives an average salary of $125,255 annually as an MSNBC news anchor in New York City. Our reliable sources at Payscale quote an MSNBC news anchor’s annual salary to be around $37K – $967K per yr.
She has been on NBC and MSNBC’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains her huge net worth.
Katy Tur Net Worth
Katy Tur Net Worth is around a whopping $4 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a journalist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Katy Tur Height
Katy measures 5’ 2”/ 1.57 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is Blonde and her eye color is Hazel.
People Also Ask
- Who Is Katy Tur Married To? Katy’s husband Tony is also a broadcast journalist popular for co-anchoring CBS This Morning.
- When Is Katy Tur Coming Back? Tur is set to return to MSNBC from her maternity leave on November 15, 2021.
- Is Katy Tur Married? Katy is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Tony Dokoupil.
- How Tall Katy Tur? Katy measures 5’ 2”/ 1.57 m in height.