Kelly O’Donnell Biography
Kelly O’Donnell (age 57) is an American broadcast journalist who presently serves as NBC’s news reporter. She has won a regional Emmy Award. The Ohio native joined NBC News in 1994 and formerly worked at WJW-TV as a broadcast journalist.
Kelly O’Donnell Age
She was born on May 17, 1965, in Cleveland, Ohio. O’Donnell is 57 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 58 come May 17, 2023. She celebrates her birthday on May 17 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Taurus.
Kelly O’Donnell NBC-MSNBC
- Kelly presently serves as NBC’s political reporter and Capitol Hill Correspondent. She joined the NBC News broadcast team in 1994 as a general news correspondent. Additionally, O’Donnell is a regular contributor on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, the TODAY show, MSNBC, Meet the Press, and The Chris Matthews Show. Kelly has also worked as a White House Correspondent while at NBC News.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at NBC News and MSNBC. O’Donnell began her journey to being a notable reporter in the journalism industry in Cleveland, Ohio. She worked as a broadcast journalist for WJW-TV between 1990 and 1994 stationed in Cleveland.
- She has extensively reported for NBC News on the Bush Administration, the 9/11 attacks, the O. J. Simpson trial, John F. Kennedy Jr’s plane crash, multiple presidential campaigns, and the CIA Leak trial. She has also interviewed US presidents and notable politicians during her time at NBC. Additionally, Kelly has reported on four Olympic Games and took part in the Third Infantry Division during the Iraq war.
- She has won multiple awards including the coveted regional Emmy Award and an induction in the Ohio Radio/Television Broadcasters Hall of Fame.
Kelly O’Donnell Husband-Married
Kelly is presently relishing her marriage life alongside her husband J. David Ake. The couple got hitched in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple does not have any children. O’Donnell’s family lives in Washington, D.C.Kelly’s husband is a professional photographer who also doubles up as the Deputy Head of Burea for the Associated Press. J. David Ake has maintained a low profile and very little is about him.
Kelly O’Donnell Family: Young-Sister
Josh O’Donnell (father) and Kristen O’Donnell (mother) born their daughter Kelly and bred her in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. O’Donnell’s family belongs to mixed/ Irish-American ethnicity. Her father was an entrepreneur whereas her mother worked as a dancer. Kelly spent most of her young years in Cleveland alongside her sibling; Jenny. Furthermore, her elder sister Jenny O’Donnell is also a journalist.
Kelly O’Donnell Education
O’Donnell pursued a college degree in Education with a focus in Journalism and public policy between 1983 and 1987 from Northwestern University.
Kelly O’Donnell Salary
Kelly receives an average salary of $56,778 annually as an NBC reporter in Washington D.C. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote an NBC news correspondent’s annual salary to be around $37K – $98K. She has been on NBC’s payroll for almost three decades which also explains her huge net worth.
O’Donnell has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being NBC’s White House and Capitol Hill correspondent, she receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfortable life.
Kelly O’Donnell Net Worth
Kelly O’Donnell Net Worth is estimated to be between $1 Million and $5 Million. This is a mere approximation from her lucrative career as a journalist since she has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth.
Kelly O’Donnell Height: Health-Illness
Kelly has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus her height is around this figure. Additionally, there have been questions about O’Donnell’s health, with fans claiming that she is ill due to a significant loss of weight. However, Kelly appears perfectly healthy on TV and has not shared any information about her weight loss program.
People Also Ask
- Are Norah And Kelly O’Donnell Related? Norah O’Donnell and the latter are not related in any way. The duo only shares the same surname and are both journalists.
- How Old Is Kelly O’Donnell NBC News? O’Donnell is 57 years of age as of 2022.
- Is Kelly O’Donnell Married? Kelly is presently relishing her marriage life alongside her husband J. David Ake.
- Is Kelly O’Donnell Sick? Additionally, there have been questions about O’Donnell’s health, with fans claiming that she is ill due to a significant loss of weight. However, Kelly appears perfectly healthy on TV and has nr shared any information about her weight loss program.