Kristin Scott Thomas Biography
Kristin Scott Thomas (age. 62) is an English-French actress who is famous and critically acclaimed for her roles in the feature films Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Seagull, and The English Patient. The English Patient star first took the stage at the age of 25 when she featured in the musical Under the Cherry Moon.
Kristin Scott Thomas Age
She was born on May 24, 1960, in Redruth, Cornwall, England. Scott Thomas is 62 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 63 come May 24, 2022. She celebrates her birthday on May 24 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Gemini.
Kristin Scott Thomas (Actress) Movies
- Kristin’s interest in acting grew just after she graduated from St Antony’s Leweston. She enrolled for a degree in Speech and Drama at the Central School of Speech and Drama. Concurrently, Scott trained how to be a drama teacher. Kristin moved to Paris where she studied acting at the ENSATT. She landed her first role in the romantic musical drama film Under the Cherry Moon in 1986.
- However, she gained a lot of attention in 1988 when she appeared in A Handful of Dust as Brenda Last. With her newfound fame, Kristin followed up with appearances in the movies The Bachelor (1990), Bitter Moon (1992), Four Weddings and a Funeral, An Unforgettable Summer (1994), The Confessional, Angels & Insects, Richard III, Les Milles, The Pompatus of Love (1995), and Mission: Impossible (1996).
- Around the same period in her early career, Kristin appeared in the TV shows Mistral’s Daughter (1984), The Tenth Man (1988), The Endless Game (1989), Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming, Framed (1990), Titmuss Regained (1991), and Gulliver’s Travels (1996). Kristin is globally renowned in the movie industry for portraying Katharine Clifton in the romantic war drama The English Patient (1996). Scott Thomas was nominated and won multiple awards for her work in The English Patient.
- She also starred in Amour et confusions (1997), The Horse Whisperer, Sweet Revenge (1998), Random Hearts (1999), Up at the Villa (2000), Play, Life as a House, and the award-winning film Gosford Park (2001). Furthermore, Kristin won a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast for playing Sylvia McCordle in Gosford Park. She has also appeared in the movies Man to Man, Chromophobia, Keeping Mum (2005), The Valet, Tell No One (2006), The Walker (2007), The Other Boleyn Girl, Easy Virtue, Largo Winch, and I’ve Loved You So Long (2008). Kristin won the European Film Award for Best Actress for playing Juliette in I’ve Loved You So Long.
Kristin Scott Thomas Recent Career
- She has also starred in Confessions of a Shopaholic, Leaving, Nowhere Boy (2009), Love Crime, Sarah’s Key, In Your Hands (2010), Salmon Fishing in Yemen, The Woman in the Fifth (2011), Looking for Hortense, In the House (2012), Only God Forgives, Before the Winter Chill, The Invisible Woman (2013), My Old Lady, The Party, Darkest Hour (2017), Tomb Raider (2018), Military Wives (2019), and Rebecca (2020).
- Scott Thomas has also appeared in the series Fleabag (2019) as Belinda Friers, Talking Heads (2020) as Celia and in the upcoming Slow Horses as Diana Taverner.
Kristin Scott Thomas Young
Simon Scott Thomas (father) and Hurlbatt Deborah(mother) born their daughter Dame Kristin Ann in Redruth, Cornwall, and bred her in Trent, Dorset. Scott Thomas’s family belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity and holds dual citizenship of English and French. Her father was a commissioned officer of the Royal Navy who served as a pilot in the Fleet Air Arm. Her father passed on in 1965 from a plane accident.
Scott Thomas’s mom exchanged vows with another pilot in the Royal Navy upon her husband’s death. Details about Kristin’s mother are rather scarce currently. However, Kristin spent most of her young years in Trent, Dorset alongside her younger sister Serena Scott Thomas.
Kristin Scott Thomas Ex-Husband: Children
Scott Thomas and François Olivennes exchanged their vows in 1987 in an invite-only romantic wedding ceremony. Kristin and her husband François share three children; Hannah, Joseph, and George. Details about the couple’s kids are not available, however, they had a divorce in 2005. Kristin was rumored to be in an affair with Tobias Menzies while still married to François Olivennes.
Additionally, Kristin’s ex-husband François Olivennes is a professional obstetrician and gynecologist.
Kristin Scott Thomas Boyfriend
Kristin is currently enjoying a love affair since she started dating Arpad Busson in 2014. Her boyfriend Arpad Busson is French professional finance. The two lovers have maintained information about their relationship private and very little is known about their affair.
Kristin Scott Thomas Net Worth
Kristin Scott Thomas Net Worth is around a whopping $12 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as an actress. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She currently owns a house in north London.
Kristin Scott Thomas Height
Scott Thomas measures 5’ 6”/ 1.68 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is dark brown though she has appeared in public with dyed blonde and black. Scott’s eye color is green.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Kristin Scott Thomas? Scott Thomas is 62 years of age as of 2022