Lester Holt Biography
Lester Holt (age. 63) is an American journalist who presently anchors the NBC weekly legal show Dateline NBC and NBC Nightly News. The California native joined NBC in 2000 and formerly worked at WBBM-TV as a news anchor.
Lester Holt Age
He was born on March 8, 1959, in Hamilton Air Force Base, California. Holt is 63 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 64 come March 8, 2023. He celebrates his birthday on March 8 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Pisces.
Lester Holt On NBC
- Lester pursued a college degree in government from California State University, Sacramento. Additionally, he is an alumnus of Cordova High School. However, Lester never graduated from college.
- Holt started his journalism career as a general news reporter while still in college. WCBS-TV hired Lester as a news reporter at the age of just 22 years. He served as a reporter for one year before he joined KNXT in Los Angeles where he also served for one year. Holt rejoined WCBS-TV in 1983 where he served as a news anchor and reporter until 1986.
- Holt joined WBBM-TV in 1986 as the evening news anchor and general assignment reporter based in Chicago. He worked at WBBM-TV from 1986 to 2000 when he joined the MSNBC broadcast team. NBC News promoted Lester to serve as a fill-in anchor for NBC Nightly News and Today in 2003. However, after the demise of the late David Bloom, NBC News made Lester the official co-anchor of Weekend Today.
- Concurrently, he anchored another daily bulletin on MSNBC until 2005. He served as a co-anchor for NBC Nightly News between 2007 and 2015 when he was named the main show anchor. Concurrently, Holt hosted a show on The History Channel, served as a sports reporter for NBC Sports, and hosted the Dateline NBC show. Holt also served as a fill-in weekday news anchor for Brian Williams during the latter’s medical leave.
- NBC announced Lester as the main NBC Nightly News anchor in 2015, replacing Brian Williams. Lester is widely popular for serving as a professional moderator for the first presidential debate on September 26, 2016. His work was exemplary good that his initial critic Donald Trump commended him for a job well done.
- Additionally, Holt is the current host for NBC’s Dateline and serves as a managing editor since April 2021. He is a highly decorated journalist having won several awards over the years. Besides journalism, Lester has appeared in the action-thriller The Fugitive (1993), Primal Fear (1996), U.S. Marshals (1998), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; Due South, Early Edition, Warehouse 13, and the NBC sitcom 30 Rock. He has also hosted the documentary Mystery of the Crystal Skulls.
Lester Holt Wife: Spouse
Lester is presently enjoying her marriage life alongside her wife Carol Hagen. The couple got hitched on May 8, 1982, in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; Stefan Holt and Cameron Holt. Holt lives in Manhattan alongside his loving wife.
Holt’s wife is a real estate agent, however, details about her are not available currently.
Lester Holt Son: Children
Lester and his wife welcomed their youngest son Stefan to the world around 1986/ 1987. He influenced his son to also take up journalism as a career and Stefan currently serves as a news anchor for NBC’s WMAQ-TV. Stefan is currently enjoying a married life alongside his wife Morgan. The couple welcomed their only son Henry in 2017. Details about Holt’s other kid are not available currently.
Lester Holt Parents: Family-Father
Lester Don Holt (father) and June DeRozario (mother) born their son Holt and nurtured him in California, USA. Holt’s family belongs to mixed/ African-American ethnicity. Details about his parents are currently scarce, however, he hails from a large family. Lester spent most of his young years in California, alongside his three siblings.
TAlking of his large family, Lester’s maternal grandfather was born from an Indo-Jamaican father and a White Jamaican mother. Furthermore, he was raised alongside 13 siblings. His paternal grandparents hail from Jamaica.
Lester Holt Salary
Lester receives an average salary of $10 Million annually as an NBC journalist in New York. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He has been on NBC’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains his huge net worth.
Holt has not revealed his exact salary, nevertheless, being on NBC’s payroll, he receives a good amount that enables him and his family to lead a comfortable life.
Lester Holt Net Worth
Lester Holt Net Worth is around a whopping $35 Million in 2021. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a journalist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Lester Holt Height
Lester measures 6’ 2”/ 1.88 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is greyish-black and his eye color is Dark Brown.
People Also Ask
- How Old Lester Holt? Holt is 63 years of age as of 2022.
- Is Lester Holt Black? Holt’s family belongs to mixed/ African-American ethnicity.
- Is Lester Holt Married? Lester is presently enjoying her marriage life alongside her wife Carol Hagen.
- How Much Does Lester Holt Make? Lester receives an average salary of $10 Million annually as an NBC journalist in New York.
- Where Is Lester Holt Today? He is an American journalist who presently anchors the NBC weekly legal show Dateline NBC and NBC Nightly News.
- Who Is Lester Holt Married to? Lester married Carol Hagen on May 8, 1982, in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony.