Lidia Bastianich Biography
Lidia Bastianich (age 75) is an American restaurateur/ celebrity chef/ author who hosts the TV show Lidia’s Kitchen on PBS and other networks. Bastianich was brought up in a poor family and started working at different bakeries at the age of 14.
Lidia Bastianich Age
She was born on 21 February 1947 in Pola, Italy. Bastianich is 75 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 76 come 21 February 2023. She celebrates her birthday on 21 February and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Pisces.
Lidia Bastianich Restaurants
- Lidia was brought up in a poor family and started working at different bakeries at the age of 14. Upon graduation, Bastianich worked at a pizzeria in Manhattan.
- Lidia and her husband opened their first restaurant Buonavia in Forest Hills, Queens in 1971. The Bastianich created their first menu by copying recipes from Italian restaurants in New York City. Lidia initially served as Buonavia’s hostess before becoming the assistant chef.
- Subsequently, the couple opened Villa Secondo in Queens where Lidia provided live cooking demonstrations. However, the couple sold both restaurants in 1981 and purchased a brownstone with a restaurant in Manhattan.
- Subsequently, the couple converted the brownstone to a restaurant and named it Felidia. Felidia opened up as a three stars restaurant. Bastianich partnereed with their son Joseph to open the restaurant Becco in Manhattan in 1993.
- Succeedingly, the entrepreneurial family enjoyed huge success from their restaurants that opened multiple branches around the USA.
- Lidia, Joseph, and Oscar Farinetti partnered to start the Italian marketplace chain Eataly in 2010. Eataly has been such a success that it has opened branches in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Toronto to date.
Lidia Bastianich Tv Shows
- Bastianich first featured in Julia Child’s TV show Julia Child: Cooking With Master Chefs in 1993. Chefs at Julia Child’s TV show encouraged Lidia to start her own TV show. Subsequently, she started hosting her own TV show Lidia’s Italian Table in 1998.
- Since her debut in the TV industry, she has hosted the Lidia Celebrates America: Holiday Tables & Traditions (2011), Lidia Celebrates America: Weddings – Something Borrowed, Something New (2012), Lidia Celebrates America: Freedom & Independence. Bastianich has hosted Lidia Celebrates America: Life’s Milestones (2013), Lidia Celebrates America: Holiday Tables and Traditions (2015), Lidia Celebrates America: Holiday for Heroes (2016), among others.
- She has also hosted the TV show Lidia’s Family Table, Lidia’s Italy in America, and Lidia’s Italy. Lidia presently hosts Lidia’s Kitchen on multiple broadcasting networks.
- She has also been featured as a celebrity judge on MasterChef USA. Bastianich featured in Junior MasterChef Italia Season 1 and 2. She also served as a judge on La Prova del Cuoco in 2016 and 2017. Besides TV, Lidia offered culinary and gastronomy classes at Eataly’s school.
Lidia Bastianich Books
- Additionally, Lidia has authored multiple cookbooks which she promotes on her TV shows. Some of her cookbooks include Felidia, Recipes from My Flagship Restaurant, Lidia’s Favorite Recipes, among others. She has also received multiple awards and accolades for her multiple roles.
Lidia Bastianich Mother-Family
Vittorio Matticchio (father) and Erminia Matticchio (mother) born their daughter Lidia in Pola, Italy. Mattichio’s family belongs to a mixed/ Italian-Slavic ethnicity. Her father worked multiple jobs to make ends meet including a limousine driver whereas her mother worked as a house worker/ chef.
Additinally, Lidia’s mom took care of Bastianich’s garden in the late 1990s.
The Matticchio’s changed their surname to Motika in 1956. Lidia, her mom, and her brother moved to Trieste, Italy while fleeing Yugoslavia. The Motika’s lived with their relative in Trieste briefly before they were refugees at Risiera di San Sabba.
Bastianich’s family moved to the US in 1958 and settled in Astoria, Queens. Lidia spent her young years partly in Yugoslavia and Italy alongside her brother Franco.
Lidia Bastianich Husband
Bastianich has managed to keep information about her relationship/ personal life confined. We are not certain if Lidia has a boyfriend. Regardless, we can only presume that Bastianich is now single and focusing on her career. Nevertheless, Lidia was married to Felice Bastianich between 1966 and 1998.
Felice Bastianich and Lidia met in 1963 at the latter’s sweet sixteen birthday party. The duo started dating shortly and subsequently exchanged their vows in 1966. The couple welcomed their first child Joseph Bastianich to the world on September 17, 1968. Their second child Tanya Bastianich Manuali was born in 1972.
However, Lidia and Felice divorced in 1998 due to irreconcilable differences around their line of work. Bastianich’s ex-husband Felice was a restaurant worker and Istrian immigrant. Felice Bastianich passed on on 12 December 2010. Bastianich now resides in Douglaston, Queens.
Lidia Bastianich Children
Lidia’s son pursued a college degree in political science and philosophy at political science and philosophy. However, Joseph Bastianich decided to pursue a career in line with his parents’ jobs. He is presently a renowned restaurateur, winemaker, and television personality.
Bastianich’s son has appeared in Italia’s Got Talent, Top Gear Italia, An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success, MasterChef Canada among other TV shows.
Tanya Bastianich partnered with her mother to start the travel agency Esperienze Italiane. Tanya’s husband on the other hand serves as the legal counsel of Lidia’s restarants.
Lidia Bastianich Net Worth
Lidia Bastianich’s Net Worth is around a whopping US$16 Million in 2022. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a restaurateur/ celebrity chef/ author/ farmer. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She prefers to spend her fortune on philanthropic work, real estate, investments and which has proved to multiply her net worth over the years.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Lidia Bastianich? Bastianich is 75 years of age as of 2022.
- Where Does Lidia Bastianich Live? Bastianich now resides in Douglaston, Queens.
- Is Lidia Bastianich Married? Lidia was married to Felice Bastianich between 1966 and 1998.
- Is Lidia Bastianich Mother Still Alive? Lidia’s mother died in February 2021.