Lucy Dacus Biography
Lucy Dacus (age 27) is an American singer/ songwriter who is famous for thoughtful, candid lyrics and magnetic melodies. She is presently signed to Matador Records and is globally renowned for her debut studio album No Burden in September 2016. The fast-rising musician developed an interest in music while still young and bought her first guitar in middle school.
Lucy Dacus Age
She was born on 2 May 1995 in Mechanicsville, Virginia. Dacus is 27 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 28 come 2 May 2023. She celebrates her birthday on 2 May and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Taurus.
Lucy Dacus Songs
- Lucas developed an interest in music while still young and attended several music concerts while still in grad school. Dacus bought her first guitar in middle school. Lucy first worked as photo editor of Richmond Camera and concurrently worked in her music career. Dacus released her debut single I Don’t Wanna Be Funny Anymore in November 2015 and subsequently released her debut album No Burden in February 2016 under EggHunt Records. No Burden was pioneered by Lucas’s friend Jacob Blizard. The album was an immediate success that Matador Records re-released it in September 2016.
- The fast-rising artist performed at the Lollapalooza music festival and appeared in the CBS morning show CBS This Morning in 2016. Additionally, she recorded a small concert for National Public Radio. Subsequently, Dacus went on tour with Car Seat Headrest, the Decemberists, and Sylvan Esso to promote her debut album. Subsequently, Dacus released the EP Lucy Dacus on Audiotree Live on 20 April 2016 under Audiotree Music.
- Lucy released her second album Historian on 2 March 2018 under Matador Records. Historian peaked at #39 in the UK independent Singles Chart. Lucy and fellow guitarists Phoebe Bridgers and Julien Baker came together in 2018 to form the Indie supergroup Boygenius.
- The trio released their debut EP boygenius on 26 October 2018 and subsequently went on Tour to promote the EP. Dacus released her third studio album Home Video on 25 June 2021 under Matador Records.
Lucy Dacus Parents: Family-Young
Dacus spent most of her young years in Mechanicsville alongside her adoptive parents. Lucy’s mother is a music teacher/ pianist whereas her father is a graphic designer. Her mother influenced her to pursue music at a young age. Dacus’ family belongs to a mixed/ Uzbek-Irish ethnicity. Dacus was raised in an observant Christian family. Details about Lucy’s birth parents are not available. Lucy spent most of her young years in Mechanicsville alongside her little brother.
Dacus pursued a college degree in film at Virginia Commonwealth University. However, she dropped out shortly after in order to pursue music full-time. Nevertheless, Lucy is an alumnus of Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School.
Lucy Dacus Partner-Gay
Lucy identifies herself as queer and is openly gay since coming out of the closet. Dacus revealed she has been attracted to both boys and girls since she was young. However, she feared coming out to her family and friends due to the fear of their reaction. Additionally, Dacus shared with her boyfriend that they would both be in love with the same girl in 2014. However, her then-boyfriend brushed off her sentiments as mere jokes.
Lucy is quite a private celebrity considering she has managed to keep information about her relationship/ personal life confined. We are not certain if she has a girlfriend/ boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is single. Regardless, as soon as Lucy shares information about her partner or personal life, we shall bring you to speed.
Lucy Dacus Net Worth-Merch
Lucy Dacus Net Worth is estimated to be between $ 1 Million and $ 5 Million. This is a mere approximation of her lucrative career as a songwriter. Additionally, with the sale of Lucas’s branded merch, her net worth is bound to increase. She has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth. You can find Dacus merchandise HERE.
Lucy Dacus Height
Dacus has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus, her height is around this figure.
People Also Ask
- Is Lucy Dacus married? We are not certain if she has a girlfriend/ boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is single.
- How old is Lucy Dacus? Dacus is 27 years of age as of 2022.
- Who is Lucy Dacus? She is an American singer/ songwriter who is famous for thoughtful, candid lyrics and magnetic melodies.
- How tall is Lucy Dacus? She has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus, her height is around this figure.