Lydia Ko Biography
Lydia Ko (age 25) is a Korean-New Zealand golfer who is famous and critically acclaimed for being the youngest golfer to rank #1 in the Women’s World Golf Rankings. The Korean-born golfer first participated in golf at the New Zealand national amateur championships at a young age.
Lydia Ko Age
She was born on April 24, 1997, in Seoul, South Korea. Lydia is 25 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 26 come April 24, 2023. Ko celebrates her birthday on April 24 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Taurus.
Lydia Ko Golf
- Lydia’s mom took her to the Pupuke Golf Club in 2002 where she ultimately developed an interest in golf. Pupuke Golf Club owner coached Lydia between 2002 and 2013 and helped her land a spot in the New Zealand national amateur championships. Ko won the CN Canadian Women’s Open LPGA Tour on 26 August 2012 to break Lexi Thompson‘s record of the youngest-ever winner. She successfully defended her title at the 2013 CN Canadian Open.
- Lydia finished second at The 2013 Evian Championship held in France. Concurrently, Ko was ranked #1 woman amateur golfer for 130 weeks and subsequently turned pro in October 2013. She finished 21st at the 2013 CME Group Titleholders. Lydia was enlisted in the LPGA Tour in October 2013 at the age of 16 after winning two LPGA Tour titles back-to-back. Ko won her first LPGA Tour (Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic) as a pro on 27 April 2014. She also won the Marathon Classic and the CME Group Tour Championship in the same year.
- Lydia continued enjoying her success in golf when she was ranked #1 woman professional golfer the following year. She won the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open at the 2015 LPGA Tour on 22 February 2015. Additionally, she won the ISPS Handa New Zealand Women’s Open the same month. She is also popular for shooting a 1-under-par 71 in the first round of the 2015 ANA Inspiration tournament. Lydia triumphed over Morgan Pressel in the tightly contested 2015 Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic tournament. Despite the win, Lydia was left out from the 2015 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.
- Ko completed the 2015 U.S. Women’s Open with a T12 finish and the 2015 Ricoh Women’s British Open with a T3 finish. Lydia edged out Stacy Lewis in a playoff to win the 2015 Canadian Pacific Women’s Open. Additionally, Ko won the 2015 Evian Championship on 13 September 2015. Lexi Thompson came in second. She also won the Kia Classic tournament on the LPGA Tour in March 2016. Subsequently, she won the ANA Inspiration tournament to become the youngest double major winner. Charley Hull tied with Chun In-gee in second place.
- Lydia also won the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship and Marathon Classic tournaments in 2016. Ko came in second to Inbee Park at the 2016 Summer Olympics held in Brazil. Additionally, Ko lost to birdie to Brooke Henderson in the 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.
Lydia Ko Golf 2017 – 2021
- Lydia competed in multiple golf tournaments in 2017 but won none. She participated in the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open, Honda LPGA Thailand, HSBC Women’s Champions, and Bank of Hope Founders Cup but only managed to finish in the top ten. She finished 2017 at #9 on the world golf ranking. Ko’s woes continued in 2018 when she did not win any major championship. She participated in 26 events and one title.
- She completed the 2019 season with four entries in the top ten and o wins. Ko also completed the 2020 season with four entries in the top ten and o wins. Nevertheless, Lydia participated in the LPGA Tour in 2021 and won the Lotte Championship in April. She finished third at the 2021 Summer Olympics. As of 2021, Lydia has won two Major championships and 14 championships in the LPGA Tour. Additionally, she won the LPGA Rolex Player of the Year Award in 2015.
Lydia Ko Married – Wedding
Lydia is quite a private celebrity considering she has managed to keep information about her relationship/ personal life confined. We are certain she is not married. However, we can’t confirm if she has a boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is currently single and focusing on her golfing career.
Nevertheless, as soon as she shares information about her wedding, partner, or personal life, we shall bring you to speed.
Lydia Ko Parents
Ko Gil-hong (father) and Hyeon Bong-sook (mother) born their daughter Bo-Gyung Ko in Seoul, South Korea, and nurtured her in New Zealand. Lydia’s family belongs to the Asian ethnicity. Her parents moved to New Zealand when she was young and helped her enroll at Pupuke Golf Club. Details about her parents are rather scarce, however, they have always looked out for Lydia’s best interests. However, Ko’s former golf instructor David Leadbetter has referred to Lydia’s parents as ignorant because they try to influence all of her decisions.
Ko spent most of her young years in New Zealand alongside her sibling sister Sura Ko.
Lydia Ko Net Worth – Career Earnings
Lydia Ko Net Worth is around an immense $15 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a golfer. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. Additionally, Ko still made more than $1 million in her least successful season. Additionally, Ko has managed to earn total career earnings of $12,033,820 as of 2021. She earned $1,177,450 in 2017 despite not winning any tournament.
Lydia Ko Weight Loss
Lydia’s fans expressed their concerns about her weight loss in 2019. However, Ko revealed that she had gained weight instead, and was grateful that they were looking out for her. Lydia also has the tattoo “IV-XXVII-XIV” on her right wrist. She got the tattoo to immortalize winning the LPGA Rookie of the Year award.
Lydia Ko Height – Makeover
Lydia measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is blonde but she has also appeared in different dark brown hairstyles. Ko’s eye color is black plus she was widely recognized for her glasses. Nevertheless, since Lydia’s makeover in 2015, she wears contact lenses and clear aligners on her teeth.
People Also Ask
- How Tall Is Lydia Ko? Lydia measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height.
- Is Lydia Ko Married? We are certain she is not married. However, we can’t confirm if she has a boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is currently single and focusing on her golfing career.
- How Much Is Lydia Ko Worth? Ko’s Net Worth is around an immense $15 Million in 2021.