Mandy Moore Biography
Mandy Moore (age. 38) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who is famous for the song Candy from her debut studio album So Real. The I Wanna Be With You songwriter is also popular for starring in the movie A Walk to Remember and currently stars in the series This Is Us.
Mandy Moore Age
She was born on April 10, 1984, in Nashua, New Hampshire, USA. Moore is 38 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 39 come April 10, 2023. She celebrates her birthday on April 10 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Aries.
Mandy Moore Movies
- Mandy developed an interest in music and acting at a young age. Furthermore, she has cited her maternal grandmother, Eileen Friedman as a huge inspiration in her career choice. Soon her parents paid for her acting and voice lessons. Because of her parents’ influence, Moore appeared in local productions and even performed before Natalie Portman at the arts camp in 1996.
- Moore first served as a voice actor of a Girl Bear Cub in the American comedy Dr. Dolittle 2 in 2001. She also starred as Lana Thomas in the comedy film The Princess Diaries in the same year. Mandy is also popular for her role as Jamie Elizabeth Sullivan-Carter in the romantic drama film A Walk to Remember which was released in 2002.
- She has also starred in the films Chasing Liberty (2004), Love, Wedding, Marriage (2011), The Darkest Minds (2018), and voiced in Tangled (2010), Tangled Ever After (2012), and Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018).
- Besides movies, she has starred in the television series Entourage (2005), Grey’s Anatomy (2010) as Mary Portman, Tron: Uprising, High School USA!, Red Band Society, This Is Us as Rebecca Pearson since 2016, among others. Additionally, Mandy received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 25, 2019.
Mandy Moore Songs
- She started making music at the age of 13 then later signed with Epic Records with the help of Victor Cade. Mandy decided to leave Bishop Moore Catholic High School and receive homeschooling in order to record her debut album. She also toured with the boy bands NSYNC and Backstreet Boys in 1999.
- Mandy released her debut single Candy under Epic Records on August 17, 1999. The single was an immediate success and Moore started being compared to the likes of Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Christina Aguilera. Candy peaked at #41 on the Billboard Hot 100 and received Gold certification. She released her studio album titled So Real on December 7, 1999.
- So Real debuted at #77 and peaked at #31 on the Billboard 200 chart. Despite receiving mixed reactions, RIAA certified the album as platinum. Moore headlined the album So Real with the singles Walk Me Home and So Real. She released her second album titled I Wanna Be with You on May 9, 2000. The album receive lots of critics, however, it was a commercial success as it peaked at #21 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
- Mandy released her third studio album, Mandy Moore, on June 19, 2001, which was very different from her previous album. The album had dance and pop songs, unlike her former albums which had the bubblegum pop vibe. Moore’s third album peaked at #35 on the Billboard 200 chart and received Gold certification. She released the third single Cry on November 4, 2001. Furthermore, the song Cry was used to promote the film A Walk to Remember.
- She released the album Coverage on October 21, 2003, which mainly had cover songs for the 1970s and 1980s music. Mandy’s fourth studio album debuted at #14 on the Billboard 200 chart, however, it is her least successful commercial album. She released her final album with Epic Records titled The Best of Mandy Moore on November 16, 2004. Nevertheless, Epic Records released another album titled Candy in 2005 containing a compilation of Mandy’s songs.
- After concentrating on her acting career for a while, Mandy missed making music and decided to sign with Sire Records in 2004. However, she left the label in May 2006 for The Firm Music citing the main reason as creative differences. She released her fifth studio album, Wild Hope, on June 19, 2007. The album debuted at #30 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
- Mandy released her sixth album titled Amanda Leigh on May 26, 2009, under Storefront Records. She promoted the album with the lead single I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week. Amanda Leigh debuted at #25 on the Billboard 200. She dropped her latest album Silver Landings on March 6, 2020, under Verve Forecast Records.
Mandy Moore Family: Young
Donald Moore (father) and Stacy (mother) born their daughter Amanda Leigh Moore in Nashua, New Hampshire, and nurtured her in Longwood, Florida USA. Moore’s family belongs to white ethnicity and holds English, Scottish and Irish traits. Her father worked as a pilot for American Airlines whereas her mother worked as a news reporter. Moore spent most of her young years in Longwood, Florida alongside her two siblings; brothers Scott and Kyle.
Mandy Moore Husband
Mandy is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Taylor Goldsmith. The couple got hitched in Los Angeles, California on November 18, 2018, in a boho-chic wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of one child; a son named August Harrison. Moore’s family lives in Los Angeles, California. Mandy’s husband is the lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter of the folk-rock band Dawes. He is also a record producer.
Prior to their marriage, the adorable couple started dating in 2015 and got engaged in September 2017. Additionally, she was previously married to Ryan Adams before she exchanged vows with Taylor. Moore and Ryan Adams got engaged in February 2009 and exchanged their wedding vows in Savannah, Georgia on March 10, 2009.
However, the couple stayed married for only seven years before Moore filed for divorce in January 2015. The court finalized the couple’s divorce in June 2016 citing irreconcilable differences as the main reason for the couple’s divorce. Moore also came clean stating that her ex-husband Ryan was emotionally abusive. Moreover, besides Taylor and Ryan, Mandy dated actor/ director Zach Braff between 2004 and 2006.
Mandy Moore Kids: Children
The “This Is Us” star has been blessed with one child from both her marriages. Mandy and her current husband Taylor Goldsmith welcomed their only child August Harrison on February 23, 2021. Furthermore, Moore revealed that their child was born on his due date and not later or sooner.
Mandy Moore Net Worth
Mandy Moore Net Worth is around a massive $14 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a singer, songwriter, and actress. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Mandy Moore Height-Hair
Mandy measures 5’ 9”/ 1.75 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is blonde and her eye color is hazel. Besides being a natural blonde, the This Is Us actress does not shy off from experimenting with her hair with different colors. She previously dyed her hair dark brown using Garnier Nutrisse hair products and the help of her hairstylist Nikki Lee.