Marion Brooks Biography
Marion Brooks (age 59) is an American broadcast journalist who presently anchors the WMAQ weeknight newscast at 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. She has won the coveted Emmy award twice. The Vancouver native joined NBC in 1998 and formerly worked at WSB-TV as a reporter.
Marion Brooks Age
She was born on April 18, 1963, in Vancouver, British Columbia. Brooks is 59 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 60 come April 18, 2023. She celebrates her birthday on September 20 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Aries.
Marion Brooks NBC
- Brooks presently anchors the WMAQ weeknight’s 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m bulletin. Furthermore, she serves as an investigative reporter who has won numerous awards for ground reporting stories on Sex Trafficking in Chicago. She joined NBC Channel 5 broadcast team in January 1998 as per her LinkedIn account.
- Immediately after graduating from College, Brooks moved to Florida where she served as an intern at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. She has also worked in the advertisement pool for the New York Times Newspaper Group. However, Brooks got her first stint in the journalism world as a radio host for WGST.
- After gaining some experience at WGST, Marion joined WSB-TV in 1995 as a news anchor/ reporter. She worked in different places in the US while under WSB TV. Brooks has reported from Mississippi Delta, Jacksonville, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia., St. Louis, Missouri, and more. Though she specialized in politics, Brooks has also reported extensively on crime, the Olympic Games, and courts to health.
- Marion is a highly acclaimed journalist with two Emmy awards under her.
Marion Brooks Family
Sam Brooks (father) and Margret Brooks (mother) born their daughter Brooks in Vancouver, British Columbia, and bred her in Portland, Oregon USA. Brooks’s family belongs to mixed/ African-American ethnicity. Details about her family and parents are currently unavailable. Information about her siblings is not available which makes us believe she was raised as an only child.
Marion Brooks Education
Brooks pursued a college degree in Bachelor of Arts in English from Spelman College. She has not shared which sorority she was in though she is presently a part of the National Association of Black Journalists.
Marion Brooks Husband-Daughters
Marion is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Ruye Hawkins. The couple got hitched in March 2005 in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two kids; Sydney and Brooks Hawkins. Although details about her daughters are quite scarce, her daughter Brook was born on June 2, 2006. Brooks’s family lives in the Greater Chicago Area.
Marion’s husband is a professional lawyer who studied at Morehouse College. Although Ruye has maintained a very low profile unlike his wife who graces our NBC screens, they revealed they met while still in college. However, Marion was rumored to have an affair with former Mayor Bill Campbell.
Marion Brooks Salary
Marion receives an average salary of $75,042 annually as an NBC News anchor in Chicago. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote an NBC News anchor’s annual salary to be around $38K – $214K. She has been on NBC’s payroll for more than two decades which also explains her huge net worth. Furthermore, Brooks receives an average salary of $56,778 annually as an NBC reporter in Chicago. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote an NBC reporter’s annual salary to be around $37K – $98K.
Brooks has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being on WMAQ’s payroll, she receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfortable life.
Marion Brooks Net Worth
Marion Brooks Net Worth is estimated to be between $1 Million and $5 Million. This is a mere approximation from her lucrative career as a journalist since she has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth.
Marion Brooks Height
Marion has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus her height is around this figure.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Marion Brooks Channel 5? Brooks is 59 years of age as of 2022.
- How Much Is Marion Brooks Worth? Brooks Net Worth is estimated to be between $1 Million and $5 Million.
- Is Marion Brooks still Married? Marion is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Ruye Hawkins.
- What Nationality Is Marion Brooks? She was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, and holds American nationality.