Marlo Thomas Biography
Marlo Thomas (age 84) is an American actress/ producer/ social activist/ author who is famous and critically acclaimed for her roles in the TV shows That Girl and Barefoot in the Park. That Girl’s star Marlo landed her first film role when she appeared in an episode of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.
Marlo Thomas Age
She was born on 21 November 1937 in Detroit, Michigan. Marlo is 84 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 85 come 21 November 2022. She celebrates her birthday on 21 November and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Sagittarius.
Marlo Thomas Movies And Tv Shows
- Marlo is famous for her role in the sitcom That Girl and Barefoot in the Park. She is also renowned for the books Free to Be… You and Me, and Marlo Thomas and Friends: Thanks & Giving All Year Long. Thomas is widely popular for playing Ann Marie in That Girl (1966–1971).
- Marlo landed her first film role when she appeared in an episode of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis and 77 Sunset Strip at the age of 23. During Thomas’s early film career, she appeared in the TV shows Thriller, The Joey Bishop Show, The Joey Bishop Show, Insight, Arrest and Trial, Bonanza, My Favorite Martian, Wendy and Me, What’s My Line? and Ben Casey.
- She also played the lead role of Jenny in the 1970 American drama movie Jenny. With her newfound fame, Marlo decided to attend the Actors Studio in New York to enhance her acting skills. Consequently, Thomas appeared in the TV movies It Happened One Christmas (1977), The Lost Honor of Kathryn Beck (1984), Consenting Adult (1985), Nobody’s Child (1986), Ultimate Betrayal, Reunion (1994), Two Against Time (2002), and Deceit (2004).
- Marlo also appeared in the movies In the Spirit, Falling Down, The Real Blonde, Starstruck, Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, Playing Mona Lisa, LOL, The Female Brain, and Ocean’s 8.
- Thomas has received a handful of nominations for the roles Ann Marie, Tess Lynd, Marie Balter, and Sandra Green. Marlo’s legacy includes one Grammy Award, four Emmy Awards, a Golden Globe Award among others.
Marlo Thomas Husband Phil Donahue-Children
Marlo is today enjoying her marriage life alongside her husband Phil Donahue. Phil Donahue and Thomas met on-set the talk show Donahue in 1977. The duo fell in love in an instant and subsequently exchanged their vows on 21 May 1980. Marlo and her husband do not share any children. Nevertheless, their undeniable love for each other has them going strong four decades later.
Nevertheless, Thomas serves as the step-mom to Phil Donahue’s kids. However, Marlo revealed that she strives to be Donahue children’s friend rather than their mother. Marlo and Donahue reside together in New York. However, they have not shared the exact location of their house.
Thomas’s husband Phil Donahue is a media personality/ producer/ author popular for hosting WLWD’s talk show The Phil Donahue Show. Phil was married to Margaret Cooney between 1958 and 1975. The former couple share five kids; Michael, Kevin, Daniel, Mary Rose, and James. Phil’s youngest child James Donahue passed on in 2014 from an aortic aneurysm.
Marlo Thomas Family
Danny Thomas (father) and Rose Marie Cassaniti (mother) born their daughter Margaret Thomas in Detroit and nurtured her in California. XYZ family belongs to mixed/ Lebanese-American-Sicilian ethnicity. Her father was a renowned actor/ singer/ comedian whereas her mother was a singer/ radio personality.
Marlo spent most of her young years in Beverly Hills, California alongside her two siblings; Tony and Terre. Thomas’s brother Charles Anthony is a TV and film producer, director popular for his work on Dead Poets Society and Golden Girls.
Marlo pursued a college degree in teaching from the University of Southern California. Additionally, she was a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and an alumnus of Marymount High School.
Marlo Thomas Net Worth
Marlo Thomas’s Net Worth is around a massive US$150 Million in 2022. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as an actress/ producer/ social activist. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She prefers to spend her fortune on private vacation trips with her husband and real estate, which has proved to multiply her net worth over the years.
Marlo Thomas Height
Marlo measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is Dark brown and her eye color is Dark brown.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Marlo Thomas? Marlo is 84 years of age as of 2021.
- Is Marlo Thomas Still Alive? Marlo and Donahue reside together in New York.
- How Old Is Marlo Thomas And Phil Donahue? Marlo and her husband do not share any children. Nevertheless, their undeniable love for each other has them going strong four decades later.
- Is Marlo Thomas Still Married To Phil Donahue? Marlo is today enjoying her marriage life alongside her husband Phil Donahue.
- Where Does Marlo Thomas Live Now? Marlo and Donahue reside together in New York. However, they have not shared the exact location of their house.
- How Much Is Marlo Thomas Worth? Thomas’s Net Worth is around a massive US$150 Million in 2022.