Mika Brzezinski Biography
Mika Brzezinski (age 55) is an American broadcast journalist who presently co-hosts MSNBC‘s Morning Joe weekday show between 6-7 AM/ET. The New York native rejoined MSNBC in 2007 and formerly worked at CBS News as a broadcast journalist.
Mika Brzezinski Age
She was born on May 2, 1967, in New York City, New York. Brzezinski is 55 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 56 come May 2, 2023. She celebrates her birthday on May 2 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Taurus.
Mika Brzezinski MSNBC
- Mika presently co-hosts MSNBC’s Morning Joe with her husband Joe Scarborough on weekdays between 6 – 7 AM/ET. She joined the MSNBC broadcast team in 2007. Brzezinski returned to MSNBC as a general assignment reporter focusing on the primetime newsbreaks. Additionally, Mika reported for NBC Nightly News and served as a guest anchor for Weekend Today. She has extensively reported for MSNBC that she has received a lot of backlash from critics.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at MSNBC news. Brzezinski began her journey to being a notable journalist in California. She worked as a general assistant for ABC News in 1990. She also worked as a general assignments reporter for WTIC-TV between 1991 and 1992. While still in Connecticut, Brzezinski served as a weekday morning anchor and reporter for WFSB-TV between 1992 and 1997.
- Mika joined CBS News in 1997 and worked as a broadcast journalist until 2001. She is widely renowned for anchoring the bulletin Up to the Minute. Brzezinski simultaneously co-anchored MSNBC’s show HomePage. Mika rejoined CBS News in September 2001 as a broadcast journalist and took the CBS broadcast crew through the tragic 9/11 attacks. Additionally, Mika appeared on CBS Sunday Morning and 60 Minutes until 2007.
Mika Brzezinski Father – Family
Zbigniew Brzezinski (father) and Emilie Anna Benešová (mother) born Emilie Leonia Brzezinski in New York and nurtured in Virginia, USA. Brzezinski’s family belongs to the mixed/ Swiss-Czech ethnicity. Her father was born in Poland and worked as an American diplomat and counselor to President Lyndon B. Johnson. Additionally, her father served as a political scientist and a member of the Democratic party.
Whereas Brzezinski’s mother worked as a sculptor. Her mother was born in Geneva, Switzerland. Brzezinski spent most of her young years in Virginia, alongside her siblings; Ian Brzezinski and Mark Brzezinski. Mika’s elder brother Ian is a foreign policy and military affairs expert. He also worked in President George W. Bush’s government as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense.
Her younger brother Mark presently serves as the United States Ambassador to Poland and worked as the United States Ambassador to Sweden between 2011 and 2015. She is also related to fellow journalist Matthew Brzezinski.
Mika Brzezinski First Husband – Children
Prior to Mika’s marriage to her husband Joe, she was married to James Patrick Hoffer. James Patrick Hoffer and Brzezinski exchanged vows on October 23, 1993, in a private wedding ceremony. Additionally, Mika and James share two daughters from 19 years of marriage. Details about her children Emilie and Carlie Hoffer are pretty scarce.
Mika Brzezinski Husband – Joe Scarborough
Mika is presently enjoying her marriage life alongside her husband Joe Scarborough. The couple got hitched in Washington, D.C. on November 24, 2018, in a glamorous invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple does not share any children together. Brzezinski’s family lives in New York City, New York.
Mika’s husband Joe Scarborough is also a journalist who presently co-hosts MSNBC Morning Joe on the weekdays.
Mika Brzezinski Salary
Mika receives an average salary of $8 million annually as a cohost to Morning Joe. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She has been on NBC’s payroll for the last decade which also explains her huge net worth.
Brzezinski has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being on NBC’s payroll, she definitely receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfy life.
Mika Brzezinski Net Worth
Mika Brzezinski Net Worth is around an immense $20 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a journalist/ author. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
She has not shied off from spending her fortune on mansions or investments that have proved to multiply her net worth over the years.
Mika Brzezinski Height – Hair
Mika measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is blonde but she has appeared on-air in different hairstyles and colors. Brzezinski’s eye color is hazel.
People Also Search
- Where Does Mika Brzezinski Live Now? Brzezinski’s family lives in New York City, New York.
- Who Is Mika Brzezinski’s Father? Her father; Zbigniew Brzezinski was born in Poland and worked as an American diplomat and counselor to President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- How Tall Is Mika Brzezinski? Mika measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height.
- Who Is Mika Brzezinski? She is an American broadcast journalist who presently co-hosts MSNBC’s Morning Joe weekday’s show between 6-7 AM/ET.