Petr Korda Biography
Petr Korda (age. 54) is a Czech retired professional tennis player who is famous and critically acclaimed for winning the grand slam championship and the 1998 Australian Open. At his peak in 1998, Korda ranked No. 2. He announced his official retirement in 1999.
Petr Korda Age
He was born on January 23, 1968, in Prague, Czechoslovakia. Petr is 54 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 54 come January 23, 2023. He celebrates his birthday on January 23 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Aquarius.
Petr Korda Tennis Career
- Petr began his journey to being one of the notable tennis players in the mid-1980’s. Korda and Cyril Suk won the boys’ doubles title at the French Open in 1985 and ranked No. 1 junior doubles player. He also participated in the 1986 French Open where he reached the third round, 1986 Wimbledon where he was eliminated in the Quarter Final stage, and the 1986 US Open where he reached the quarter-final stage.
- He subsequently turned professional later in 1987 and followed up that by winning a doubles title in 1988. Petr won his first singles title in 1991 when he did his famous “Scissors Kick” celebration. He also featured in four Grand Slam finals throughout his professional career. Petr and Goran Ivanišević finished second in the 1990 French Open men’s doubles. He ranked world No. 10 in that same year.
- Korda won the Grand Slam Cup in 1993 after beating Michael Stich in the finals. He also played for the 1994 Czech Republic team who won the Hopman Cup. Korda played alongside Stefan Edberg in the 1996 Australian Open to win the men’s doubles title. He is also well known for beating then-champion Pete Sampras at the 1997 US Open.
- Korda cemented his name in the tennis world in 1998 when he won against Slovakia’s guru Jonas Björkman, Spanish Albert Portas, Cédric Pioline, Scott Draper, and Marcelo Ríos in the 1998 Australian Open. He beat Marcelo Ríos 6–2, 6–2, 6–2 in a record 1 hour and 25 minutes, subsequently ranking World No. 2 in the men’s singles.
Petr Korda Retirement
Korda announced his official retirement from playing tennis in 1999 after losing to Danny Sapsford and subsequently failing to qualify for the 1999 Wimbledon tournament. Nevertheless, since his retirement, Petr has participated in the 2000 Prague Challenger and the 2001 and 2005 Prostějov Challenger.
Furthermore, before his retirement, Korda was found guilty of doping using the steroid nandrolone after his match with Tim Henman. Subsequently, the ITF stripped of Korda the ranking points and prize money for the 1998 Wimbledon tournament. Amusingly, the ITF tried to appeal their decision and have Korda banned from playing tennis, however, the London high court ruled in favor of Petr that the ITF could not appeal their own decision.
Petr Korda Family
Considering his celebrity status because of the nature of his sporting profession, Korda has decided to keep his personal and early life private. Petr treasures his parents’ and siblings’ security thus he has decided to hold back information about them. Nonetheless, as soon as information about the Petr family is available we shall update it pronto. Information about his siblings is not available which makes us believe he was raised as an only child.
Petr Korda Wife
Petr is presently relishing his marriage life alongside his wife Regina Rajchrtová. The couple got hitched in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of three children; Jessica, Nelly, and Sebastian. Korda’s family residence is in Prague and Monte Carlo.
Korda’s wife Regina Rajchrtová is also a retired tennis player who hails from Havlíčkův Brod, Czechoslovakia. She was born on February 5, 1968, and is 53 years old as of 2021. When it comes to her body measurements and height, Regina measures 6’ 0” / 1.82 m in height.
Petr Korda Daughter
The former tennis players who form an adorable couple in the sports industry have two daughters and one son. They cultivated an interest in tennis in their children which provided a great foundation for them to also pursue playing tennis as a profession.
Their eldest daughter Jessica Regina Korda was born on February 27, 1993, and is also a professional golfer who joined the LPGA Tour in 2011. Their youngest daughter Nelly Korda currently plays in the LPA Tour after turning professional in 2016.
Petr Korda Son-Sebastian Korda
Korda’s son Sebastian Korda is also an American professional tennis player who won the Australian Open junior title in 2018. He was born on July 5, 2000, in Bradenton, Florida, U.S, and is 21 years young in 2021.
Petr Korda Net Worth
Petr Korda Net Worth is estimated to be between $1 Million and $2 Million. This is a mere approximation from his lucrative career as a Tennis Player and entrepreneur since he has not revealed any information about his assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once he shares his net worth.
Petr Korda Height
Korda measures 6’ 3”/ 1.91 m in height. Moreover, his hair color is blond and weighs approximately 161 lbs. / 73 kg.
People also search for
- How Much Is Korda Worth? Petr Korda’s Net Worth is estimated to be between $ 1 Million and $ 2 Million.
- Where Does Petr Korda Live? He currently resides with his family in Prague and Monte Carlo, however, he has not shared pictures or the location of his exact residence.
- How old is Petr Korda? Petr is 54 years of age as of 2022.