Rachel Maddow Biography
Rachel Maddow (age 49) is an American broadcast journalist and author who anchors MSNBC’s evening liberal show, The Rachel Maddow Show at 9 PM/ET but is presently on hiatus to focus on different projects. She has won numerous awards including the coveted Emmy award. The California native joined MSNBC in 2008 and formerly worked at Air America as a radio host.
Rachel Maddow Age
She was born on April 1, 1973, in Castro Valley, California. Maddow is 49 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 50 come April 1, 2023. She celebrates her birthday on April 1 and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Aries.
Rachel Maddow MSNBC
- Rachel anchors MSNBC’s evening liberal show The Rachel Maddow Show at 9 PM/ET but is presently on hiatus to work on different projects. She joined the MSNBC broadcast team in 2008 when the radio show The Rachel Maddow Show was moved from Air America.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at MSNBC and Radio. Maddow began her journey to being a notable TV host in the journalism industry in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Rachel worked as a radio host for WRNX between 1999 and 2004.
- Rachel moved to Air America in 2004 and co-hosted the morning radio show Unfiltered till 2005. Additionally, she has appeared on Tucker, CNN’s Paula Zahn Now, and served as a fill-in anchor for multiple MSNBC broadcasts.
- She has extensively reported for MSNBC and served as a political analyst. Furthermore, Rachel gained a lot of popularity during the Trump administration era where she was able to get all the scoop surrounding the infamous president. Rachel started the podcast Bag Man in 2018.
- Rachel has not been free from critics either, One America News Network (OAN) sued Rachel for $10 million in September 2019. Maddow referred to OAN as a “paid Russian propaganda” news outlet in one of her shows, however, Judge Cynthia Bashant dismissed the case. She has also authored the books Drift (2012), Blowout (2019), and Bag Man (2020).
Rachel Maddow Wife – Partner – Daughter
Maddow is openly gay. Rachel is currently enjoying a love affair since she started dating Susan Mikula in 1999. Her partner and future wife Susan is an American professional artist/ photographer born on March 7, 1958. The two lovers met in 1999 and subsequently went on a date to Ladies Day on the Range. Nevertheless, the two love birds have appeared in public together confirming the existence of their romantic relationship.
Details about the lovers’ wedding or marriage are pretty scarce presently. Although Maddow and her partner reside together, they do not have any daughter or kid. Maddow has been openly gay since college. Additionally, AfterEllen named Rachel Lesbian/Bi Woman of the Year in 2008.
Rachel Maddow Family
Robert B. Maddow (father) and Elaine (mother) born their daughter Anne Maddow in California and raised her in the same state. Rachel’s family belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. Her father recently worked as a lawyer and formerly served as a United States Air Force captain. whereas her mother worked as a school program administrator. Maddow spent most of her young years in California alongside her elder brother, David.
Rachel Maddow Net Worth
Rachel Maddow Net Worth is around a massive $35 Million in 2021. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as a journalist/ TV host/ author. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Rachel Maddow Salary
Rachel receives an average salary of $30 million annually as an MSNBC broadcast journalist in New York City. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth that revealed she signed a contract deal that quotes her salary at $30 million. She has been on NBC’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains her huge net worth. Nevertheless, Maddow formerly received an estimated annual salary of $7 million.
Rachel Maddow Long Hair – Height
Rachel has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus her height is around this figure. Maddow is also popular for her dark brown hair but she previously revealed that she had long blonde hair.
People Also Ask
- What Happened To Rachel Maddow? She is an American broadcast journalist and author who presently anchors MSNBC’s evening liberal show, The Rachel Maddow Show at 9 PM/ET. However, some sources claim that she is set to leave MSNBC in early 2022 when her contract expires.
- Is Rachel Maddow Married? Maddow is openly gay. Rachel is currently enjoying a love affair since she started dating Susan Mikula in 1999. Her partner and future wife Susan is an American professional artist/ photographer.