Rachel Nichols Biography
Rachel Nichols (age 48) is an American journalist who recently featured as a regular contributor on ESPN Now and formerly co-hosted the daily sports show, The Jump. The Maryland native rejoined ESPN in 2016 and formerly worked at CNN as a TV host.
Rachel Nichols Age
She was born on 18 October 1973 in Maryland. Nichols is 48 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 49 come 18 October 2022. She celebrates her birthday on 18 October and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Libra.
Rachel Nichols ESPN
- Rachel recently featured as a regular contributor on ESPN Now and formerly co-hosted the daily sports show, The Jump. However, ESPN cancelled The Jump on 25 August 2021 and removed Nichols from the NBA coverage. Subsequently, Malika Andrews took up the role of sideline reporter for the 2021 NBA Finals. She rejoined the ESPN broadcast team in 2016 after leaving in 2013. During Rachel’s first tenure at ESPN, she was a regular contributor for SportsCenter, Monday Night Countdown, Monday Night Football, Sunday NFL Countdown, NFL, and NBA. Nichols left ESPN in January 2022 after the two parties came to a settlement.
- She is a well-known and prolific sportscaster due to the experience she has gained over the years at ESPN, The Washington Post, and CNN. Nichols began her journey to being a notable sportscaster in Florida. She wrote sports articles for Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel between 1995 and 1996. Furthermore, Rachel extensively covered news around Washington Capitals for The Washington Post between 1996 and 2004.
- Rachel joined CNN in 2013 where she hosted Unguarded with Rachel Nichols until her departure in 2016. Concurrently, she worked as a sideline reporter for NBA on TNT.
Rachel Nichols ESPN Maria Taylor Scandal
- Rachel was recorded on a phone call with Adam Mendelsohn where she is heard saying that hosting the NBA Finals was clearly stated in her contract. However, since ESPN was receiving pressure for racial diversity, the network opted for Maria Taylor to host the NBA Finals. Nichols stated that Maria Taylor got the job because she was black, a racial slur that is very derogative for the adept journalist. Fellow ESPN journalists were furious about Rachel’s remarks that one called her a bad teammate. Subsequently, Maria hosted the NBA Finals on 20 July 2021 and immediately terminated her contract with ESPN.
Rachel Nichols Husband-Married
Nichols is currently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Max Nichols. Rachel and Max meet as teenagers at a summer camp in Maine and immediately got acquainted. The couple exchanged their vows in Venice, Italy on 25 May 2001 in an invite-only Jewish wedding ceremony. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; twins. Nichol’s family lives in the USA.
Rachel’s husband Max is a professional film and music video director popular for his role in Two Night Stand (2014) and Day 5 (2016). Furthermore, Max is the son of the late Grammy-winning entertainer Mike Nichols. Nevertheless, Max prefers to live a life away from the limelight and camera, thus very little is known about him or his twin daughters.
Rachel Nichols Family
Ronald Jacobs (father) and Jane Jacobs (mother) born their daughter Rachel Michele Alexander and nurtured her in Potomac, Maryland USA. Nichols’ family belongs to the American ethnicity and the white race. She has preferred to keep details about her parents and family private. Nichols spent most of her young years in Potomac, Maryland alongside her two brothers.
Rachel pursued a college degree between 1991 and 1995 from Northwestern University. Additionally, she is an alumnus of Winston Churchill High School.
Rachel Nichols ESPN Salary
Rachel receives an average salary of $ 1.5 million annually as an ESPN sports journalist in the US. This is per our reliable sources at Media Free. She has been on ESPN’s payroll for more than a decade which also explains her huge net worth.
Nichols has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being on ESPN’s payroll, she definitely receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfy life.
Rachel Nichols Net Worth
Rachel Nichols Net Worth is estimated to be between $ 1 Million and $ 5 Million. This is a mere approximation from her lucrative career as a journalist since she has not revealed any information about her assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once she shares her net worth.
Rachel Nichols Height-Body-Feet
Rachel measures 5’ 5”/ 1.65 m in height. Additionally, the beautiful journalist has a very hot body physique and legs which she freely flaunts with her body-hugging dresses on Instagram. Nichols’s hair color is red and her eye color is hazel. Furthermore, once she was removed from the NBA coverage, most of her fans believed that she was meant to host the show because of her red hair, sexy legs, cleavage, and years of experience.
People Also Ask
- How Old Is Rachel Nichols Espn? Nichols is 48 years of age as of 2021.