Regina King Biography
Regina King (age 51) is an American actress/ film director who is famous and critically acclaimed for her roles in the feature films If Beale Street Could Talk (2018), American Crime, Watchmen (2019), and Ray. The American Crime star developed an interest in acting while in college and landed her first TV role at the age of 14.
Regina King Age
She was born on 15 January 1971 in Los Angeles, California. Regina is 51 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 52 come 15 January 2022. She celebrates her birthday on 15 January and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Capricorn.
Regina King Movies
- Regina is famous for her roles in If Beale Street Could Talk (2018), American Crime, Watchmen (2019), and Ray. King appears as Sharon Rivers in the romantic film If Beale Street Could Talk, different roles in American Crime (2015–2017), Angela Abar in Watchmen (2019), and Margie Hendrix in Ray (2005).
- King developed an interest in acting while in college and landed her first TV role at the age of 14. She played the role of Brenda Jenkins in the American sitcom 227 between 1985 and 1990. Subsequently, King had small roles in the TV shows Northern Exposure, New York Undercover, Living Single (1995), Where the Truth Lies (1999), and If These Walls Could Talk 2 (2002).
- King gained huge popularity in the film industry in 1996 after appearing in the romantic-comedy movie Jerry Maguire. She also appeared as Dana Jones in the stoner comedy movie Friday and Monet in Higher Learning (1995). Regina appeared in the movies Boyz n the Hood (1991), Poetic Justice (1993), and A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996) in his early film career.
Regina King Movies and TV Shows
- King is popular for playing Carla Dean in the action thriller movie Enemy of the State, Cecily in the epic adventure Mighty Joe Young, and Vanessa in How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998). She also appeared in the movies Down to Earth (2001), Daddy Day Care, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003), A Cinderella Story, Ray (2004), and Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. King has received a handful of accolades for her work in the romantic comedy A Cinderella Story and the biographical musical Ray. She received two BET Awards in 2005 for these roles and an NAACP Image Award for her work on Ray.
- Furthermore, she has appeared in the movies Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous (2005), Year of the Dog, This Christmas (2007), Our Family Wedding (2010), If Beale Street Could Talk (2018), and Flag Day (2021). Regina played the main roles of Cynthia in the sitcom Leap of Faith (2002), Sandra Palmer in 24 (2007), Detective Lydia Adams in Southland (2009), and Erika Murphy. She received two NAACP Image Awards for her famous role in Southland.
- Regina has also appeared in the TV show The Big Bang Theory, The Strain, Shameless, and Saturday Night Live (2021).
Regina King Movies Director
- Besides acting, Regina has directed several episodes for renowned American TV shows. She has directed an episode in Southland (Off Duty), The Catch (The Princess and the I.P.), Animal Kingdom (Child Care), Greenleaf (Veni, Vidi, Vici), Pitch (The Break), This Is Us (The 20s), Shameless (Fuck Paying It Forward), The Good Doctor (Heartfelt), an Insecure (Ghost-Like). Moreover, she has directed a handful of episodes for Being Mary Jane, Scandal, and A Man in Full.
Regina King Husband-Son
Regina has managed to keep information about her relationship/ personal life confined since her divorce with ex-husband Ian Alexander Sr. We are not certain if she has a boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is currently single and focusing on her career as an actress. Nevertheless, as soon as actress King shares information about her partner or personal life, we shall bring you to speed.
King was formerly married to Ian Alexander Sr. Ian Alexander Sr. and Regina tied the knot on 23 April 1997 in an invite-only wedding ceremony. The two lovers welcomed their only child Ian Alexander Jr. on 19 January 1996. King’s son decided to venture into the movie industry and is renowned for his roles in the movies Yo Gabba Gabba! (2007) and The Snowy Day (2016). However, Regina’s son committed suicide on 19 January 2022 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Regina King Family: Parents-Siblings
Thomas King (father) and Gloria (mother) born their daughter King in Cincinnati, Ohio, and bred him in California. Regina’s family belongs to a mixed/ African-American ethnicity. Her father worked as an electrician whereas her mother worked as a special education teacher. Details about Regina’s parents and siblings are rather scarce, nevertheless, her parents divorced when she was 8 years old.
King spent most of her young years in California alongside her younger sister Reina King. Her sister is also a film producer/ actress.
Regina King Net Worth
Regina King Net Worth is around a massive US$16 Million in 2022. She has accumulated most of her wealth and riches from her career as an actress/ film director. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. She prefers to spend her fortune on exotic private trips and real estate, which has proved to multiply her net worth over the years.
Regina King Height
Regina measures 5’ 3”/ 1.60 m in height. Moreover, her hair color is black and her eye color is brown. Furthermore, King has a hot body physique which she flaunts in her body-hugging dresses on Instagram.
People Also Ask
- Is Regina King Married? Regina has managed to keep information about her relationship/ personal life confined since her divorce with ex-husband Ian Alexander Sr.
- Is Regina King a twin? Nop, however, King spent most of her young years in California alongside her younger sister Reina King.
- Is Regina King in a relationship? We are not certain if she has a boyfriend, regardless, we can only presume that she is currently single and focusing on her career.
- What color are Regina King’s eyes? Moreover, her hair color is black and her eye color is brown.
- What is Regina King’s net worth? Regina King Net Worth is around a massive US$16 Million in 2022.