Scott Pelley Biography
Scott Pelley (age 64) is an American journalist/ author who presently serves as a correspondent for CBS News’s 60 Minutes. He joined the CBS News broadcast team in 1989 and began his journey to being a notable journalist in his home city of Lubbock.
Scott Pelley Age
He was born on 28 July 1957 in San Antonio, Texas. Pelley is 64 years of age as of 2021 and will turn 65 come 28 July 2022. He celebrates his birthday on 28 July and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Leo.
Scott Pelley CBS Evening News
- Scott presently serves as a correspondent for CBS News’s 60 Minutes. He joined the CBS News broadcast team in 1989. He is a well-known and adept journalist due to his three-decade stint at CBS News. Pelley anchored the CBS Evening News between 2011 to 2017.
- Since Scott’s time in the anchor seat, the program expanded its viewership between 2011 and 2015 and at some time grew by 821,000 watchers. In the year 2012 after political decision night, many expressed his prolific anchor skills on social media. Additionally, CBS News revealed Scott captured their eye after the latter reported on Guatemalan refugees in Mexico.
- CBS reported that Scott was terminated from the CBS Evening News on May 30, 2017, regardless of the transmission establishing a standard with six successive times of development.
- The CBS broadcast team revealed the most watchers among the organization’s nightly news communications came from CBS EVENING NEWS WITH SCOTT PELLEY. The transmission posted its 6th ceaseless time of development, a first for an organization evening report since the 1987 coming of individuals meters.
Scott Pelley Journalist Career
- Pelley began his journey to being a notable journalist in his home city of Lubbock. He worked as a copyboy for the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal in 1972. Subsequently, he joined KSEL-TV where he worked as a broadcast journalist from 1975 to 1978.
- He extensively reported for KXAS-TV between 1978 and 1982. Pelley has also done extensive coverage of Dallas-based network WFAA-TV. He worked at WFAA-TV for seven years before joining the broadcasting giant CBS.
Scott Pelley CBS News
- During his early time at CBS News, Scott extensively reported on the Gulf war, the 1992 presidential campaigns, and the 1993 World Trade Center. He served as the Chief White House Correspondent between 1997 and 1999.
- Pelley has also worked as an anchor of CBS weekly primetime news 60 Minutes II since 1999. During his time with 60 Minutes II, he reported from the scene of the collapsing World Trade Center towers, and interviewed FBI Director James Comey and Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden.
- Pelley made it known that Monica Lewinsky had turned into a participating observer in the examination directed by the Office of Independent Counsel. He was additionally first to report that President Clinton had been summoned to affirm before the fabulous jury. Later on, in 2001, Scott got the main meeting with previous President Clinton regarding the outcome of the 9/11 assaults.
- He also covered the invasion of Iraq, the genocide in the Darfur, Sudan, the Afghanistan war, and recently Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. He was fortunate to interview the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
Scott Pelley Family
John Elmer Pelley Jr. (father) and Wanda Graves Pelley (mother) born their son Scott Cameron Pelley in San Antonio, Texas, and nurtured him in the same state. Pelley’s family belongs to the white ethnicity. Details about his parents are rather scarce, however, they helped him land a job at Lubbock Avalanche-Journal at the age of 15.
Pelley spent most of his young years in Lubbock alongside his sibling brother John Pelley. Scott pursued a college degree in Journalism at Texas Tech University. Additionally, he is an alumnus of Coronado high school.
Scott Pelley Wife
Scott is now enjoying his marriage life alongside his wife Jane Boone. The couple exchanged their vows in 1983 in an invite-only wedding ceremony attended by family and close friends. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children; Reece, and Blair. Pelley’s family residence is in New York City, New York.
Scott Pelley Jane Boone
Pelley’s wife Jane Boone worked as a television reporter and advertising executive before she decided to take time off and spend with her family. Scott does not often share about his family life, however, he treasures his wife’s love and care. Pelley describes his wife as a courageous woman who gave him life.
Scott Pelley Salary
Scott receives an average salary of US$7 million annually as a CBS News journalist in New York, NY. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth. He has been on CBS’s payroll for the last three decades which also explains his huge net worth.
Pelley has not revealed his exact salary. Nevertheless, being on CBS News’s payroll, he receives a good amount that enables him to lead a comfy life.
Scott Pelley Net Worth
Scott Pelley’s Net Worth is around a massive US$16 Million in 2022. He has accumulated most of his wealth and riches from his career as a hazardous correspondent/ author. This is per our reliable sources at Celebrity Net Worth.
Pelley prefers to spend his fortune on exotic private trips with his family and real estate which has proved to multiply his net worth.
Scott Pelley Height
Scott has not revealed his actual height, nevertheless, an average American man measures 5’ 9” / 1.75 m in height. Thus, his height is around this figure.
Scott Pelley Illness-Health
At the fourteenth yearly Breath of Life, Gala Scott was perceived for Cystic fibrosis. Scott is imagined with his significant other, named Jane. North of a decade, he made a great many individuals more mindful of cystic fibrosis and conveyed how testing Cystic fibrosis infection is and the proceeded need for help.