Sharyn Alfonsi Biography
Sharyn Alfonsi (age 50) is an American journalist who presently serves as a regular contributor and correspondent for the CBS News broadcast magazine program 60Minutes. 60Minutes airs between 7-8 PM/ET. The Virginia native joined CBS News in 2015 and formerly worked at ABC as a news correspondent.
Sharyn Alfonsi Age
She was born on 3 June 1972 in Virginia. Alfonsi is 50 years of age as of 2022 and will turn 51 come 3 June 2023. She celebrates her birthday on 3 June and is a member of the zodiac/ star sign Gemini.
Sharyn Alfonsi 60 Minutes
- Sharyn presently serves as a regular contributor and correspondent for the CBS News broadcast magazine program 60 Minutes which airs between 7-8 PM/ET. She first joined the CBS News broadcast team in 2002 then left in 2008 before rejoining in 2015. Alfonsi first joined CBS News as a freelance reporter for Up To The Minute, CBS Evening News, and CBS Newspath. She has reported on different stories for 60 Minutes including the investigation of the misuse of jailhouse informants, the migration crisis in April 2019, cyber security among others.
- CBS News promoted Alfonsi to CBS lead news correspondent in 2004. She has extensively reported for CBS News on different stories like the school shootings at Virginia Tech, the war with Hezbollah, the war in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, among others. Additionally, Sharyn has worked as a fill-in anchor for CBS Evening News.
- She is a well-known and prolific journalist due to the experience she has gained over the years at CBS News, ABC, and KIRO TV. Alfonsi began her journey to being a notable journalist in Fort Smith, Arkansas. She worked as a multimedia journalist and photographer for KHBS-TV in 1995. She also worked as a general assignment reporter for WVEC–TV, KIRO-TV, and WBZ-TV during her early journalism career.
- Sharyn won an award at WBZ for her extensive coverage of the Catholic Church scandal. Alfonsi worked as a general news correspondent for ABC News between 2008 and 2011. She was based in New York and often featured in World News Tonight and Nightline.
Sharyn Alfonsi Husband
Alfonsi is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Matt Eby. The couple got hitched in an invite-only intimate wedding ceremony and details about their wedding are not available. The beautiful couple is proud parents of two children. Alfonsi’s family lives in Austin, Texas. Alfonsi’s husband Matt has maintained a very low profile and very little is known about him.
Sharyn Alfonsi Parents
Considering her celebrity status because of the nature of her journalism profession, Alfonsi has decided to keep her personal and early life private. Sharyn treasures her parents’ and siblings’ security thus she has decided to hold back information about them. Nonetheless, as soon as information about her family is available we shall update it pronto. Information about her siblings is not available which makes us believe she was raised as an only child. Alfonsi pursued a college Science degree in political science and journalism between 1990 and 1994 from the University of Mississippi.
Sharyn Alfonsi Net Worth
Sharyn Alfonsi Net Worth is estimated to be between US$1 Million and US$5 Million. This is a mere approximation of her lucrative career as a journalist since he has not revealed any information about his assets, liabilities, or wealth. Regardless, we shall update it once he shares his net worth.
Sharyn Alfonsi Salary
Sharyn receives an average salary of US$43,829 annually as a CBS reporter in Texas. This is per our reliable sources at Payscale that quote a CBS reporter’s annual salary to be around US$28K – US$79K. She has been on CBS payroll for two decades which also explains her huge net worth. Alfonsi has not revealed her exact salary, nevertheless, being on CBS payroll, she definitely receives a good amount that enables her to lead a comfy life.
Sharyn Alfonsi Height-Legs
Sharyn has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus her height is around this figure. Additionally, her sense of fashion has been quite a topic on social media. Alfonsi has appeared on television dressed in leather pants which cover her legs.
Sharyn Alfonsi Weight Loss-Ill
Sharyn has not shared her weight or weight loss program yet. Nonetheless, as soon as we have these details, we shall update her body measurements immediately. Furthermore, Alfonsi is presently aging like fine wine, she appears to be in good health and has not shared any information about her illness.
People Also Ask
- Is Sharyn Alfonsi married? Sharyn is presently delighted in her marriage life alongside her husband Matt Eby.
- Is sharyn alfonsi Italian? She holds American nationality and white ethnicity.
- How old is Sharyn Alfonsi? Alfonsi is 49 years of age as of 2021.
- How tall is Sharyn Alfonsi? Sharyn has not revealed her actual height, nevertheless, an average American woman measures 5’ 4” / 1.63 m in height. Thus her height is around this figure.
- Who is Sharyn Alfonsi? She is an American journalist who presently serves as a regular contributor and correspondent for the CBS News broadcast magazine program 60 Minutes which airs between 7-8 PM/ET.